We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Torqata Data and Analytics LLC, an ATD intelligence company, is solving the tire industry’s most pressing problems through data and analytics. We are a team of data-driven scientists, software engineers, and marketing experts with deep experience in supply chain, operations, logistics, revenue management and customer engagement.
Torqata’s powerful data platform and suite of analytics products has been designed to enable manufacturers, retailers and distributors to work smarter, more collaboratively and drive better results across the industry.
We are a data and analytics services and software start-up in the automotive and tire industry seeking to position itself as the premier provider of such services through increased visibility throughout the tire value chain and unified reconciliation of data across disparate sources such a point-of-sale data, aggregated inventory, OE production data, product information, sales forecasts, introduction of a Blockchain ecosystem, etc.
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate for a Sr Manager, Sales Operations Torqata role to support the technical and non-technical aspects of building out our sales, onboarding, support, and customer success team and systems. You will work closely with our sales, marketing and product teams to support the rapid growth and scale of the business.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Direct Report Position Titles
- Responsible for Torqata Evangelism with ATD sales organization and overall accountability for Torqata lead generation success
- Primary POC for ATD cross-functional teams (Sales COE, Change Management, Communications, L&D) on critical Torqata initiatives
- Primary POC for ATD sales team for any process questions on Torqata business development efforts (i.e. customer engagement, signup, support structure, post-launch customer support, etc.)
- Key ownership of the following workstreams:
- Ongoing Torqata dynamic knowledge base development for ATD sales organization and potential and existing customers
- Updates to outreach sales guides for ATD sellers
- Scheduling and leading training and feedback sessions with ATD sellers
- Maintaining and updating training materials that are both externally and internally facing
- Lead and help evolve our Torqata Support Structure process flow for 500 locations by YE 2020 and 4,000 by YE 2021.
- Optimize sales pipeline to drive Torqata revenue targets with paying customers
- Provider business development support for super-regional and national retailers
- Develop and maintain target retailers for business development efforts, based on quantitative and qualitative analysis of ATD’s retailer base and external, non-ATD sources
- Generate reports & build dashboards for sales and executive audiences
- Perform analyses to identify GTM trends & opportunities
- Ensure CRM data quality & connections to other sources
- Identify and implement process and system improvements
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Helps the Product Management team members and Product Commercialization Managers bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements, product and market development programs; establishing time schedules with technical, commercial and the broader ATD sales organization
- N/A – Individual Contributor
Candidate Skills and Competencies
- MBA preferred
- 5+ years in tire industry understanding key players, decision making criteria and key sales processes
- 5+ years managing cross functional teams
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Strong proficiency with MS Office
- 5-10 years in traditional sales management, operations, or analytics roles
- Well-rounded understanding of typical sales processes and team structures
- Experience with CRM tools (Salesforce)
- Demonstrated data analytics ability to critically look at performance data and draw constructive conclusions from the results
- Ability to suggest and pitch process improvements or suggest efficiencies to improve the sales team performance
- Well-rounded understanding of the tire industry, and are comfortable leading key conversations with a diverse group of value chain participants (including larger retailer executives)
- Comfortable in a startup environment, including wearing many hats and flexing into the area of greatest need
Additional Details (work environment, specializations, etc.)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to multi-task.
- Ability to effectively conduct analytical projects and develop business recommendation based on findings.
- Work collaboratively with other departments and functional teams to gather supporting documentation and accurate accrual data
- Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing.
- Embrace change, self-starter, energetic, inquisitive, persistent, creative thinker, results oriented.
- Handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with American Tire Distributors “Code of Conduct.”
- Assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behaviors, decisions, and results.
- Without exception, brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the role and has a strong sense of ownership and impact orientation
- Articulates complex quantitative analyses in clear and precise terms to technical and non-technical audience
- A strong willingness to mentor junior team members breeding a culture of curiosity, honesty, collaboration, and trust
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R13237