Bertelsmann is a media, services and education company that operates in about 50 countries around the world. It includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the music company BMG, the service provider Arvato, the Bertelsmann Printing Group, the Bertelsmann Education Group, and Bertelsmann Investments, an international network of funds. The company has 117,000 employees and generated revenues of €17.1 billion in the 2015 financial year. Bertelsmann stands for creativity and entrepreneurship. This combination promotes first-class media content and innovative service solutions that inspire customers around the world
Arvato Systems is an experienced Solutions Integrator with decades of successful projects for major companies in various industries including broadcast and media companies. Our solutions for broadcast management and media asset management are already deployed in countries all over the world.
As part of our team, the Solutions Architect will be involved in the following tasks:
- Gather functional requirements and specifications from clients and users, gain a complete sense of client expectations and limitations, interpret data and architect a solution.
- Using the familiarity with functional requirements of existing systems and solutions, develop the project specifications and assemble documents presenting project guidelines and milestones to team members and customers. Identify potential issues between systems and client specifications and propose new solutions to work around these limitations.
- Determine the project scope: conduct extra research on a client’s existing systems to determine if more time and work is necessary to align the project with enterprise-level systems. Define features, phases and solution requirements and create the various documents necessary to the lifecycle of a project (e.g. Statement of Work, Project Design Document etc.).
- Interface directly with the clients: From the initial conversations to determine project scope and specifications to the final presentation of software solutions, you will meet directly with the customer’s project stakeholders to provide feedback and updates on the project’s development.
- Interface with third-party vendors: get familiar with third-party solutions and coordinate calls, meetings, timelines and delivery deadlines, exchange scoping documentation required for third-party integrations in the context of a specific project.
- Build best practices with regards to technical design
- Be part of an international and dynamic job environment
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Engineering, Broadcast IT, Media Technology, Computer Science, Information Technology or comparable education or experience
- 5 years of professional experience planning and building Broadcast/Media IT – preferably with Media Asset Management software.
- Experience designing media workflows and data modelling
- Proven track record of delivering enterprise solutions, from RFPs to production.
- Past experience of working with remote teams, and onsite with customers
- Strong knowledge in the following areas:
- Equipment, technologies and work processes within the M&E industry
- Integrations between systems (REST APIs)
- Service administration and design (database, object-storage, web servers)
- Infrastructure administration and design (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, VMWare)
- Ability to work independently (self-driven, focused and analytic)
- Must be customer-oriented, pragmatic and focused on project delivery
- Possess excellent writing and documentation skills, oral communication, and interpersonal skills – German speaker a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel both nationally and internationally
To know more about what we do please visit https://www.arvato.com/us-en.html
Amazon Web Services
Java Script (Programming Language)
Sql (Programming Language)
Extensible Markup Language (Xml)
Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)
C Sharp (Programming Language)