We are qualified experts who provide insight into concerns regarding virtually all aspects of facility operations, construction and environmental impacts.
We are seeking a Building Scientist
in the Greater Miami, Florida area.
You will have the opportunity to perform building evaluations for water losses, indoor air quality studies and concerns in both commercial and residential properties. Field experience in construction, building inspecting, building envelope training, and water intrusion is highly desirable. Knowledge in indoor air quality assessments and asbestos is a plus. This position is an integral part of our Building Sciences Department in the South Florida area and requires a diverse array of responsibilities in order to accomplish the objectives of the department. This position will be involved in exciting projects that will offer opportunities to provide technical solutions. The successful candidate will have interest in performing the following:
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Performing assessments of the building materials for causation of damage associated with mold and moisture exposure
- Evaluating of water losses and indoor air quality concerns in both commercial buildings and residential homes - Investigating and writing cause and origin reports for insurance companies and other property sector clients
- Conduct microbial sampling and analysis
Our commitment to you
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction or one of the hard sciences (i.e. chemistry, physics, math etc.)
- Over 8 years of experience in building science or forensic experience
- Provide expert testimony on behalf of our clients
- Construction management or knowledge of general construction methods is strongly desired
- Experience performing building assessments, sampling, and failure analysis is a plus
- Willing and able to travel and perform field work and site visits up to 50% of the time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Critical thinking skills and curiosity to solve problems
- Ability to work autonomously and under time constraints
- Active FL State Mold Assessors license is a plus - Active CIE, CIEC, CMC, CMCC is a plus
- Active GC or Inspector’s license is a plus .
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements. Why GHD?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own? About GHD
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience. Interested?
To apply please attach your resume and covering letter via the link below
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.