To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
42009 Victory Lane
Leesburg, VA 20176
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist - PRN
North Spring Behavioral Healthcare • Leesburg, VA
Posted 26 days ago
North Spring Behavioral Healthcare, a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), is a Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS)-licensed, and Joint Commission-accredited 100-bed inpatient facility.In May 2017 North Spring opened a Partial Hospitalization Program to provide Outpatient Services to children and adolescents.We provide therapeutic programs for adolescents in a safe and secure environment that encourages growth and self-responsibility.
North Spring is part of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) one of the nation’s largest and most respected healthcare management companies, operating through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 80,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase healthcare properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence and compassion.
The Recreation Therapist is responsiblefor providing assistance in theplanning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluating the activities of the facility to ensure appropriate recreation/leisure/social services are provided to each patient. This is a per diem position (10 hours per week) providing primarily weekend coverage for recreational activities for the Acute Hospital. Some Residential and PHP hospital duties may be assigned based on departmental coverage needs. As the facility has a planned expansion this role has the potential to become a full-time position.
Key responsibilities: Facilitates group activities in conjunction with gender specific programming. Fulfills responsibilities to the facility in adherence to the philosophy, policies and procedures. Follows documentation requirements to meet the standards for Virginia Department of Behavioral health and Developmental Services, Virginia Medicaid Services, Tricare and Joint Commission. Performs other duties as assigned based on the need of the facility.Job Requirements
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Active CTRS certification
- Prefer at least two year's experience working with children and adolescents.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
- Good verbal and written skills, ability to rotate shifts and programs as necessary and ability to maintain confidentiality of resident information. Must consistently exhibit mental and emotional ability to understand and perform the essential functions of the job. Knowledge of principles of psychology and child growth and development are useful. Limit setting, responding to children and adolescents in a caring, mature manner while maintaining professional boundaries necessary.