All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Sunday to Thursday 7:00am-3:30pm rotating holidays
The community you’ll be caring for:
400 Celebration Pl
Celebration, FL 34747
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Celebration
- Established in 1997 and now a 203 bed hospital
- Designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration
- The hospital consistently delivers a state of the art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a ‘living laboratory’ of groundbreaking, research-driven clinicals solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
The role you’ll contribute:
The Certified Sterile Processing Technician position is for a Sterile Processing Technician with CRCST or CBSPD certification. Under supervision of the SPD Supervisor / Manager or Educator, the Certified Sterile Processing Technician will provide thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and / or sterilized instrument trays and equipment to the OR and other departments in the hospital. All steps in the reprocessing cycle will be strictly driven by the manufacture instructions for use. Trays will be accurately assembled according to the established tray list in Censitrac. Responsible for use of all decontamination and sterilization equipment in accordance to manufacture guidelines, can troubleshoot minor issues. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Properly identifies and segregates reusable items for decontamination, disinfection, and sterilization. Selects proper cleaning methods for pre-cleaning and cleaning instrumentation, power tools and equipment sent to Central Service based upon manufacturer’ instructions for use. Disassembles and inspects items for damage or missing components. Correctly and safely operates all equipment in the decontamination area ensuring that all standards for personal protective equipment and prevention of body fluid exposure are always adhered to.
- Accurately assembles instruments, complex instrument sets, and other surgical items by selecting the appropriate items, trays and instruments and records information in computer tracking system or paper instrument count sheet.
- Selects appropriate materials and sterilization packaging for each instrument set. Aware of aseptic technique and proper wrapping of instrument trays to allow the end user to open product in an aseptic manner and produces a compact, logically arranged package which is within the proper weight limits appropriate for assured sterilization.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- Experience in the sterile processing environment or graduate of a surgical technology program or military training program.
- Certification through IAHCSMM (International Association for Healthcare Central Service and Materials Management) or CBSPD (Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Customer Service
- Diseases And Disorders
- Packaging And Processing Duties
- Personal Protective Equipment