Housing Inspector - Part Time 20 hours/week
CGI Federal, a wholly owned subsidiary of CGI and a federal contractor serving the IT and business processes needs of public housing agencies throughout the US, has an opening for a Housing Inspector. The HQS Inspector is responsible for conducting housing inspections in compliance with HUD guidelines.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Facilitate oral and written communication between Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspector coordinators and Owners/Participants of inspection status.
- Complete and maintain HQS Inspector Certification.
- Conduct scheduled HQS inspections.
- Complete client requests in an accurate and timely fashion
- Communicate daily with clients on unit inspections for coordination.
- Complete monthly inspector quizzes as part of the training protocol.
- Participate effectively within and across teams to problem solve and deliver quality service to owners and participants
- Work closely with team members to provide high level of customer service
-Assist inspection coordinator team with scheduling and housing administrative task.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- High school degree is required,
- Strong knowledge of building components required,
- Strong interpersonal skills both verbal and written,
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail,
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to demonstrate diplomacy when dealing with housing applicants, residents, property owners, real estate agencies and staff
- Ability to work independently and complete daily inspections,
- Must be PC literate and able to effectively use MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, - - US citizenship is required
- Prior inspection experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written, and negotiation skills, good organizational skills, detail-oriented
- Self-starter that can work independently to assure completion of daily work assignments
*HQS Certification and coordination training provided.
#CGIFederalJobInsights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today - one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI - where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Housing Inspector - Part Time 20 hours/week
. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.Skills
- Attention To Detail
- Business Processes
- Customer Service