To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Newington, CT
- A R Mazzotta
- Phone: 860-347-1626
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Operations Manager - Non-Profit - 30 hours/week
A R Mazzotta Employment • Newington, CT
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As Autism Families CONNECTicut Operations Manager, you will join a small, well focused not-for-profit organization and will have overall responsibility for the successful execution of AFC’s mission. The Operations Manager will execute AFC’ s established Business Plan and will manage all aspects of office operations and development with support from an Administrative Assistant and Bookkeeper. In furthering the mission and objectives of AFC, the Operations Manager may be called upon to serve as spokesperson to the media, community groups, potential funders and/or sponsors along with Board members and Founders. The Operations Manager develops and manages publication of marketing materials that raise awareness and promote AFC’s mission, programs and events throughout CT to colleagues, collaborators, members and supporters of the Autism community via online, written and published newsletters and reports. This 30 hours per week position is a growth opportunity and may evolve into a full-time role and/or director position with participation in long-term business planning. You will work from the AFC office location during set office hours and may also telecommute upon approval of the Board.
- Implement, track, and evaluate AFC’s Financial Development Plan, including cultivating and maintaining relationships with new and existing donors and supporters to ensure all financial development goals are achieved.
- Manage AFC programs, events and activities within Board approved workplan and budget parameters.
- Manage all aspects of AFC’s critical annual fundraising event, including but not limited to, volunteer recruitment, support to the volunteer committees, budget and logistics management, corporate and individual sponsorship, auction acquisition, marketing, and ticket sales.
- Manage and expand the Champion’s Fund Initiative (AFC’s new and evolving online fundraising tool).
- Implement the Annual Giving Plan by identifying fundraising opportunities and executing strategies that ensure financial/development goals are achieved.
- Research, and in partnership with the Board, manage and develop funding proposals for grants, charitable foundations, corporate sponsorship and charitable funds, service clubs and other similar funds and foundations.
- Work with the Program Coordinator to identify, recruit, and support adequate qualified volunteers to carry out financial development activities.
- Manage the work of the Administrative Assistant, Program Coordinators and volunteers.
- Create and manage marketing materials and distribution methods that promote awareness of AFC’s mission, programs and events to current and potential constituents and donors including publishing online bulletins, newsletters and an Annual Report.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in relevant field - i.e. business administration, communication, education, health, social services or not-for-profit management.
- 3 to 5 years’ business or financial development experience with consistent track record of achieving results.
- Experience with startup and/or not-for-profit organization(s).
- Exceptional written and oral communication, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership event planning proficiency.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to cultivate teams, supervise and motivate others.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Highly motivated, results oriented with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, database software and social media.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Reliable transportation for in-Connecticut travel.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Experience interacting with people with disabilities or special needs.
- 3 years grant writing experience.
- Leadership and supervisory experience in a not-for-profit organization.
- Familiar with MS Publisher or other Marketing platforms.
Autism Families CONNECTIcut (AFC), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, was founded in 2010 to provide recreational, social and learning opportunities to individuals on the autism spectrum and their families. AFC offers programs for children, teens and young adults that provide recreational and social opportunities in a welcoming, nonjudgmental environment.
A.R. Mazzotta Employment Specialists is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employment agency providing job opportunities throughout CT.
3 to 5 years' business or financial development experience with consistent track record of achieving results.
Experience with startup and/or not-for-profit organization(s).
Exceptional written and oral communication, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
Demonstrated leadership event planning proficiency.
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to cultivate teams, supervise and motivate others.
Excellent customer service skills.
Highly motivated, results oriented with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, database software and social media.
Willingness to work evenings and weekends when needed.
Reliable transportation for in-Connecticut travel.
Ability to lift 25 lbs.