One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since our inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, our annual revenues were $10.77 billion during 2018. In 2019, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #293 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago, enabling us to provide compassionate care to our patients and their loved ones. Our strategy includes building or acquiring high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, investing in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and becoming the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 87,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 327 behavioral health facilities, 40 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 37 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. It acts as the advisor to Universal Health Realty Income Trust, a real estate investment trust ([ Link removed ]). For additional information on the Company, visit our web site: [ Link removed ]
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Centennial Peaks Hospital
Centennial Peaks Hospital is a 104-bed inpatient psychiatric hospital located in Louisville, CO. Centennial Peaks campus is located on a beautiful natural setting that provides a picturesque environment adding to the success of the patient’s therapy. The hospital has multiple programs addressing both the adult and adolescent populations. Adults can receive inpatient therapy, ECT, Inpatient Detox and Intensive Outpatient Programs. Adolescents can find programs such as acute inpatient, PHP, and MH-IOP along with other treatment options as well.
To learn more visit: [ Link removed ]
Centennial Peaks Hospital is currently seeking a dynamic Behavioral Health Executive with a proven track record providing services in a for profit Behavioral Health Hospital/Residential Treatment Program or has managed a large Psychiatric/Behavioral Health department within a large Acute care Hospital. Candidates must show a strong employment history with progressive growth throughout their career. The ideal Chief Executive Officer (CEO) candidate will be responsible for directing the day-to-day operations, managing and developing staff, assuring high quality care, sound fiscal operations, maintaining a strong referral base and compliance with Joint Commission and CMS regulations while continually monitoring the facility's services and delivery systems.
- Accountable for creating an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the organizations mission, vision and values.
- Operational management of clinical and non-clinical departments including but not limited to: Nursing, Admissions, Business Development, Process Improvement, Finance, Clinical Services, Regulatory Affairs that effectively drive patient care outcomes
- Ensure hospital quality metrics are achieved through sound clinical processes following accreditation and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Recruit physicians and staff in targeted specialty areas, coordinate medical staff participation in new hospital ventures and targets, develop new areas of medical care to offer at the hospital.
- Supervise the development of more comprehensive outpatient care and ambulatory programs. Develop positive relationships with local industry, local government, potential key health care providers, and the general public.
- Ensure the timely submission of month-end financial and operational reviews, contribute to the development of and participation in corporate-wide strategic planning efforts.
- Communicate circumstances and events of operations to supervisor and other appropriate people to keep all apprised.
- Achieve budgeted financial objectives.
- Effectively manage contract negotiations and compliance with the commercial payor community.
- Increase revenues and income before inter-company allocations, maintain or decrease the effective bad debt rate, achieve the margin percentage, and implement operating cost controls in the areas of staffing, supplies, purchased services, etc.
- Focus on census building efforts and strategic planning.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree is preferred
- Currently working as a behavioral executive, i.e. CEO at a Behavioral Health facility or as a Director of a large acute care facility with a large multi-unit psych department.
- A working knowledge of behavioral health management practices and clinical operations.
- An advanced knowledge of state and federal regulatory and various accreditation requirements related to behavioral health management.
- Working knowledge of operations and financial management and marketing methods.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 10% of the time.
This opportunity offers the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- * Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Relocation benefits
- Bonus opportunity
- Car Allowance
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
*UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.