You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Production Supervisor
Clyde's Donuts, located in Addison, IL, is a family-owned and operated business that has been making donuts and fritters for over 100 years. Clyde's has a national footprint selling through private-label, retail, and contract customers to in-store supermarket bakeries, convenience stores, foodservice groups, distributors, and contract manufacturing customers in over 37 states. As Clyde's continues to grow and expand, we need top notch individuals to help us achieve our results. Join our team and keep our consumers smiling!
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Senior Production Supervisor will coordinate daily activities for the production and/or packaging of donuts across multiple production lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews daily production schedules to determine availability of labor requirements, type, and quantity of ingredients and/or packaging material requirements.
- Oversees the startup, adjustment and/or setup of packaging and labeling machinery and utilizes the maintenance department for assistance when needed to help set-up equipment or for repairs.
- Inspects and measures raw and/or finished products to verify conformance to specifications. Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment if products fail to meet standards.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations, work rules and the Union Contract. Includes adherence to AIB, GMP's, FDA, OSHA, and HACCP requirements. Observes employees to assure compliance.
- Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve safety, working conditions, productions methods, efficiency, cost reduction, asset utilization, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Maintains production and/or packaging lines in a neat, organized, and sanitary condition while the lines are in operation.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work related problems.
- Maintains documentation for production, down time, efficiency, productivity, scrap, and other reports as required.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments to ensure continuity of operations. Conducts a daily walk through at shift change with the relieved supervisor to assess plant and operating conditions.
- Responsible for training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; monitoring performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Indirectly supervises sanitation, Q.A., technicians, maintenance mechanics, and warehouse employees assigned to the shift.
- Complies with all Food Safety requirements.
- Reports food safety or quality issues to the Production Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years of manufacturing supervision experience
- 1-5 years in an automated, high-speed packaging environment
- Must be flexible and able to work on multiple shifts
- Ability to track KPI's, efficiencies and implementing continuous improvement methodologies
- Knowledgeable of GMP's, SQF and OSHA regulations
- Ability to analyze reports and plant performance
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data to solve problems
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Proficient in Word and Excel
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Business Process Improvement
- Cost Reduction
- Food Safety
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 3981824874
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.