The Catalog Specialist works closely with various internal departments and vendors to maintaining content for Advance Auto Parts. This position will have responsibility for evaluating content discrepancies from the field through email, phone and electronic means. The Catalog Specialist will sort and research discrepancies using OE research, aftermarket catalogs, and automotive knowledge. This position will send valid discrepancies to our vendors for correction and follow up as required. They will maintain high levels of customer service by communicating to team members in the field through email, phone calls, and internal discrepancy software.
In addition to evaluating current data to ensure that it is complete, accurate and updated in a timely manner, this position will ensure data consistency across product lines and that all business-critical data requirements are identified and data acquired.
This position will build efficiencies across the Product Information Management team so that new and existing content is accurate and inclusive of operational data and application data.
This position builds strong cross-functional and collaborative relationships with business partners to fully understand their strategies and needs. This position is cross-trained across multiple teams within the Operations team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with the Merchandising Team to ensure complete and accurate content is collected from Vendors and other relevant sources
- Use critical thinking skills to be able to “connect the dots” and determine the root cause of data conflicts.
- Strive to identify, resolve and correct content issues in a timely manner and maintain an accurate catalog.
- Can balance multiple tasks while quickly and efficiently switching between tasks.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Communicates with cross-functional teams, internal and external stakeholders to resolve data issues.
- Develop an ownership approach to ensure that accurate data information is collected and disseminated in a timely and efficient manner.
- Identify business critical data elements that are missing and determine best approach to obtain missing information (i.e., digital images for specific products, or catalog data)
- Review current content data issues and recommend plans for correcting the data.
- Recommend and develop continuous improvements to processes that impact data information ingestion and maintenance.
- Understand AAP/CARQUEST functions and relationship of each of the data process and maintenance operations teams.
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation as required.
- Prepare and present periodic progress reports to identified stakeholders of the process.
- Develop/conduct training on new and updated processes as directed by department manager.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the product data information processes for relevant initiatives and stake holders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills, including ability to read, analyze and interpret general business information and write business correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with team members.
- Ability to cultivate relationships across functions to achieve business objectives.
- Must demonstrate good organizational and follow-up skills and work independently with minimal supervision, including ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing environment while adhering to tight schedules.
- Proven analytical skills and use of data query tools.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Software required and the ability to quickly learn and use job specific computer applications.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree; and 1-3 years work experience, including minimum 2 years automotive parts experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of existing POS systems a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
WORK AUTHORIZATION & LOCATION
Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident who is authorized to work in the United States and able to work 100% in our Raleigh, NC offices