To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Millersville, MD 21108
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Clinical Care Coordinator
The Coordinating Center • Millersville, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Make an Impact & Change Lives coordinating care for individuals with complex medical needs and disabilities residing primarily in Baltimore and Carroll Counties:
The Clinical Care Coordinator is a licensed health care professional who, as part of the multidisciplinary team, provides day to day care management services, as determined by individualized plans of care, to a given number of the Centers program recipients (clients). Clinical Care Coordinators subscribe to the definition of case management and ethical statements guiding case management practice as determined by The Case Management Society of America. Additionally, The Centers Clinical Care Coordinators deliver client and family centered services that actualize the mission and core values of The Coordinating Center: To create an environment which allows community inclusion for individuals with disability and complex health care needs. Clinical Care Coordinators rely on support from other members of the multidisciplinary team and are required to travel throughout the state of Maryland to visit clients in their homes, nursing facilities, schools, and other residential facilities on a monthly basis. Team Managers and Program Directors provide consultation, health and community care expertise, policy liaison and direction as well as face to face support and mentoring. Clinical Care Associates perform a variety of functions which support Clinical Care Coordinators.
- Admission to and discharge from care management services
- Utilization of the case management process to guide service delivery
- Facilitation of the development of individualized plans of care including desired outcomes
- Coordination of services and supports required to facilitate plan of care implementation and satisfy contractual / regulatory requirements
- Monitoring on going services, and cost effectiveness and recommends changes to the plan as needed
- Evaluation of desired and actual outcomes
- Facilitation of cost effective alternatives to care.
- Recommendation of cost effective alternatives to care provision
- Being a resource to community service providers
- Maintains care management records
- Maintains communication with other members of the health care team
- The Clinical Care Coordinator delivers services utilizing on site visitation as well as convening and attending multidisciplinary team meetings, and maintaining periodic, regular contact with recipients of service and other members of the health care team.
- RN(BSN preferred) or LCSW
- Graduated from an accredited college or university, or possess equivalent education and experience
- CCM certification is preferred and is required within two years of the date of employment at The Center
- Minimum three years experience in one or more of the following areas:
- pediatric intensive care nursing
- community health
- ambulatory health or
- rehabilitation nursing
- clinical medical social work practice with individuals with complex health care needs
- Additionally, Clinical Care Coordinators will demonstrate high clinical competence, an ability to work in a team situation with other professionals and have the ability to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Proof of current state licensure and current malpractice insurance coverage is required
- Maintaining certifications as they apply to care coordination e.g. CCM, RNC, LCSW, et cetera
- Proof of current automobile insurance is required.
- Ability to travel throughout Maryland with reliable transportation and a valid drivers license with record in good standing.
- Designated home office space which must satisfy all HIPAA requirements
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to Telework from Home Based Office. Must have high speed Internet connection and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook), databases, and using tools to communicate remotely.
In addition to the above qualifications the successful incumbent is expected to consistently demonstrate:
- Positive working attitude that supports the needs of the care management team
- Support of the mission and values of The Coordinating Center with a commitment to a person-centered, family-centered, culturally competent philosophical base.
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement working with co-workers in a team oriented collaborative governance model.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to the changing healthcare environment and legislation.
Physical Requirements:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Other Duties:Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activates, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activates may change at any time with or without notice.