Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
KICK OFF YOUR CAREER IN SALES WITH GRAINGER!
The Inside Sales role is a proactive, phone-based position where you will manage an account package of medium-sized customers, and teach them how to use Grainger’s purchasing technology. The goal is to equip your customers to buy without you, because the more self-sufficient they are, the more earning potential you have - sales that occur without your direct involvement still go towards your commission.
As part of a high-performing team, you’ll be able to serve as a trusted business partner to your customers. We offer a 4-week paid training program designed to set you up for success. During training, you will learn about Grainger, our customers, learn key selling skills, and get trained on the tools and resources that you’ll use.
We encourage collaboration across teams, sharing of best practices, and recognize top performers. In a team environment, there are team huddles, coaching sessions, and side-by-sides to ensure your success.
What you will do as an Inside Sales Associate:
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Articulate a vision to help place Grainger distinctly in the minds of prospects
- Work with customers on over-coming objections, and inspiring them to act
- Work with teammates cross-collaboratively to understand messages that resonate with customers
- Participate in team-building and training, where you will learn from colleagues and continue to develop your ability to add value to your customer relationships
What we are looking for in an Inside Sales Associate:
- Undergraduate degree (preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- 6 months - 3 years of sales or telemarketing experience
- A passing certificate demonstrating core skills attainment after the Grainger training
- Track record of over-achieving goals
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls (40-60 on average) per day
- Experience working with a CRM database
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to rapidly build knowledge of Grainger’s product lines
- A high level of integrity, and resilient temperament
What you are looking for in your career:
- A fun, high-energy work environment
- Competitive base salary and generous commission structure
- Outstanding benefits, including18 paid vacation days
- Medical benefits that start on day one
- Working with an existing book of business – prospecting within accounts to grow sales
- Professional growth opportunities with a Fortune 500 Company
- Passion for creating a remarkable customer experience, while identifying opportunities to grow sales
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.