This position is responsible for designing a wide variety of complex and technical safety programs and will work closely with Plant leadership, and their employees, to build and implement a robust and sustainable Safety Excellence capability and culture that eliminates risk for serious injuries at the Plant level.
This position is a Safety Champion within our Operational Excellence model and builds the same within the Plant leadership and their teams. This position will review, interpret and advise management on complex safety compliance and policy matters. Has complete understanding of safety principles, concepts, practices, standards and regulations. Reviews plant procedures and make recommendations for updates according to laws, regulations, and good power plant practices and safety standards. Develops, coaches and trains Plant Managers and their teams to drive transformational safety improvement in behaviors, equipment condition, and work practices. Brings extensive plant and safety knowledge and experience to advance the capabilities of plant teams. Identifies risk items, builds and implements assessment, and trains management to eliminate the potential for serious injuries and fatalities (SIFs).
Educates leadership in safety practices through sharing of knowledge and technical skills and ensuring timely follow through on corrective actions and long-term solutions. Becomes familiar with assigned plant operations and work management processes for the purpose of identifying risks and areas for improvement. Works with plant teams to develop and implement a gap closure plan for each plant to ensure that issues are systematically identified, assessed, and addressed. Responsible to Power Operations (solid line) and EHS (dotted line) for the safety improvement within a specific operational region.
• Engages at the plant level and develops relationships with all plant personnel through formal and informal interactions, and coordinates with EHS Specialists having responsibility for plants to identify and solve safety issues.
• Collaborates with Operations, EHS, and Engineering when necessary to solve safety issues and reports status of corrective measures.
• Leverages a continuous improvement model of Plan-Do-Check-Adjust to ensure steady progress toward Safety Excellence within our Operational Excellence model.
• Immediately reports and takes action on issues with potential for imminent danger and raises concerns to the appropriate levels of leadership.
• Provides technical guidance to plant, regional, and fleet entities.
• In-depth or broad, extensive knowledge.
• Highly skilled professional with wide-ranging, advanced technical experience to resolve complex issues.
• Competent to work at very high level in multiple knowledge areas or functions as an advanced contributor.
• Makes decisions on complex issues regarding project components and advanced tasks.
• Leads the research for innovations from external sources, and identifies opportunities to develop new processes, tools, services and techniques within the function.
• Works on complex issues and projects.
• Uses independent judgment requiring in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Independently selects methods, techniques, analytical approach and evaluation criteria.
• Determines methods and procedures for new assignments.
• Serves as project/technical lead on medium to large projects; regularly coordinates work of professionals, technicians and others outside of own department.
• Trains and mentors employees on technical skills.
• Collaborate and solve problems – works with others to resolve significant issues, clarify or interpret complex information, provide initial screening/negotiations.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in engineering and or chemical field of study
• In-depth experience across knowledge areas and multiple functions including project management; operations, and maintenance, typically requires 10+ years in area of specialization.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Vaccination Information: Calpine requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 within the first 28 days of employment - if not already vaccinated prior to starting employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Calpine’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Calpine does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
- Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [ Email address blocked ] . Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- Business Process Improvement
- Certified Safety Professional
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)