To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Berlin, NJ 08009
- Phone: 317/685-2200
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Electrical Project Engineer
Volt • Berlin, NJ
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position: Electrical Project Engineer
Location: Penbryn, NJ
Status: Direct Hire
Our client is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Electrical Project Engineer at the Penbryn, NJ plant.
The Electrical Project Engineer has responsibility for managing maintenance and engineering projects, including design help, obtaining contractor quotations, directing contractor crews, and training of operating, maintenance personnel for equipment, buildings, and grounds. Assist in restoring equipment and systems to service after failures and shutdowns and provide coverage for Maintenance Supervisor. This person is a key resource for the maintenance team
The Penbryn plant produces fiber glass building insulation products and will be adding 150+ people in production, maintenance, shipping, and technical positions.
The plant is ideally situated in South Jersey, close to Philadelphia, and offers full-time employment with competitive pay and benefits.
- Responsible for development of project scope, engineering specifications and cost estimates for all projects as assigned. Be the JM representative for all projects as assigned.
- Manage projects, including design, engineering, estimating, scheduling, obtaining contractor quotes, directing crews, and training operating and maintenance personnel.
- Identify, engage and mange contractors during the construction and installation of plant projects
- Actively work with Process Engineers to solve process / equipment issues.
- Make minor changes to drawings using AutoCAD. Direct major changes through contractor / engineering designer.
- Other projects to include combustion systems, glass melting, hydraulics, pneumatic, pumps, piping, HVAC, abatement systems, and other mechanical components.
- Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements'
- Long work hours could be expected as plant is a 24/7 facility and this position requires the engineer to be on call.
- BS in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of plant engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Continuous manufacturing preferred
- Proven history of continual improvement accomplishments.
- Experience with analytical, engineering design calculation and problem-solving skills
- PLC experience is a must have (Allen Bradley, Rockwell, Honeywell, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of engineering drawings and process schematics
- Must have a high level organizational and time management skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience in managing outside contractors
- Commissioning experience preferred
Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
Please apply to position or contact Sondeep "Sunny" Singh at (317) 685-2200 for any questions and more details regarding this position.
Volt has been serving some of the nation's strongest companies for over 60 years. As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of on-site support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with its employees.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer