Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Insight Data & Analytics is seeking a Vice President, Analytics Platform Product Leader to provide growth, strategic, and operational leadership in analytics platform capability development and management across the OptumInsight business unit.
As Optum embarks on developing world-class platform capabilities, there is a need to accelerate the shift of analytics capabilities to a platform-based model to meet the growing needs of our customers. The primary responsibility for this role is the design, build, and scale of an analytics platform that will enable insights that drive outcomes in the provider and payer markets. This will include evaluating existing, silo-ed analytics product assets across the organization, determining opportunities to rationalize and integrate into a platform-based model, and determining opportunities to better integrate analytic insights into client workflow ecosystems (clinical workflow, financial workflow, and administrative workflow). The successful candidate will work closely with market business teams, GTM teams, engineering teams, and data and data sciences teams to build a platform with an eye towards enabling different business models across Optum Insight. Additionally, this leader will be responsible for revamping delivery methods by establishing a single user experience for clients to access curated web apps, BI dashboards and scorecards, and a custom analytics development space. This role will also focus extensively on migrating existing analytics stand-alone products to a platform-based delivery model and developing new analytics to expand the breadth of Optum Insight’s analytics portfolio.
The platform leader will also be accountable for the ongoing development of innovative approaches to address clients’ real-time insight needs across multiple business models, including Market Performance Partnerships, Managed Services, and Stand-alone offerings. This will include promoting and overseeing an increasing focus on developing predictive and prescriptive analytics for existing and new capabilities to enable real-time decision making. The successful platform developed and matured by this individual will leverage talent, analytical tools and technology, leading practices, and data to inform business decisions, improve health outcomes, advance care delivery, and mitigate business and financial risk for our healthcare client partners’ needs.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded, influential leader, who is able to effectively translate strategic business opportunities into effective technical platform design, has a keen ability to work between business and technology teams to bridge the gaps, and has 15+ years of experience in product design, preferably in a healthcare setting. The candidate should have proven success in agile capability development in a platform environment and understand the complex health data landscape, including how analytics integrates with source system workflows (e.g., EMR systems). The successful candidate for this role will also have a proven track record of managing highly matrixed cross-functional teams (e.g., engineering, data science, strategic product management, GTM market teams) and delivering solutions that prove an understanding of commercial market client needs.
The successful candidate will enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as he or she takes on tough and stimulating healthcare analytics challenges.
- Serve as overall analytics platform leader for OptumInsight
- Lead technical design, development, and release processes to meet client requirements and proactively address emerging customer needs.
- Identify strategic opportunities to advance existing capabilities and generate new ideas to enhance customer experience and drive growth
- Serve as the capability owner for OptumInsight’s client enterprise data management capability
- Partner with senior leadership to oversee the agile development process and prioritize the cross-functional team activities
- Interface with key internal and external partners to understand analytics needs and challenges, and to establish buy-in for the technical vision
- Partner with senior leadership to evolve the product and technology strategy to enable client clinical and financial outcomes and enable P&L growth
- Work closely with engineering, data science, and market/business teams to develop roll out plan for platform capabilities
- Work with clients to develop their technical infrastructure vision and understand the economic benefits of an enterprise data management platform
- Understand security risks and implications when evaluating new solutions, and maintain awareness of current security controls in place
- Manage against capital budgets and drive growth expectations for revenue and margin
- Work closely with the services teams, strategic product team, and sales colleagues to communicate the value proposition of Optum’s analytics capabilities
- Manage a high-performing team and serve as a coach/mentor during a period of rapid growth, including participating in recruiting and driving forward career development
- Oversee a team of capability managers, capability analysts, and technical product managers to develop and manage product design, product and feature roadmaps, and technical user stories. The team’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding and clarifying business/technology problems
- Gathering and developing business requirements
- Applying understanding of technology to influence and assess the feasibility of solutions
- Prioritizing functional and non-functional requirements
- Recommending test scenarios to business testers, and assisting in defect analysis to assess impact on solution
- Actively participating in the adopted software methodology
- Actively participating in ensuring high quality solutions and applying understanding of testing methodologies
- Interpreting security standards and applying those relevant standards to individual workloads, and adhering to protocols
- Understanding security risks & implications when evaluating solutions
- Adhering to quality control guidelines & practices
- Considering internal and external customers when evaluating decisions
- Tracking, identifying and promptly reporting issues that may affect solution quality and bring forward improvement recommendations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or engineering or technical-related discipline (e.g., biomedical engineering, electrical engineering)
- 10+ years of experience managing a platform business analysis team or 10+ years of experience leading a Product Management organization that focuses on platform applications
- 5+ years of agile development expertise
- 2+ years of experience with cloud native product and platform solutions, preferably Azure experience
- Willingness to travel up to 20%, as needed
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- MBA or Master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or engineering or technical-related discipline (e.g., biomedical engineering, electrical engineering)
- Expertise in analytical methodologies and algorithms
- 6+ years of experience working in healthcare analytics for Payers or Providers
- 15+ years of experience working on healthcare technology solutions
- Solid foundation in SDLC methodologies – Agile and SCRUM
- Proven ability to lead product discovery work as well as to boil down market findings into new product/enhancement ideas
- Strong analytical skills, including proficiency in discovering customer business needs and translating them into functional and technical requirements
- Experience with Aha! and/or Rally
- Ability to analyze complex systems and comprehend the complexity and dependencies
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks
- Experience working independently as well as in a team environment on technical product strategy which is not fully defined and managing complex product management scenarios
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Experience building, leading and managing highly matrixed, cross-functional initiatives, including a deep understanding of how to structure initiatives and all related operational functions
- Ability to work with teams across multiple time zones
- Deep experience in understanding health ecosystem - understand parameters around how payers and providers are working, how they work together, and how analytics enables strategic transformation and growth
- Strong experience with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and prototyping tools
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $169,500 to $322,500. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, in addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.