Our Clinical Liaison professionals utilize their clinical knowledge and assessment skills in the acute care setting to provide education and create awareness of hospice as an integral part of the continuum of care.
As part of the Business Development Team, the Clinical Liaison collaborates with physicians, case managers, discharge planners and other clinical partners to advocate for utilization of hospice to ensure support for patients and their families as they near end of life.
Our Clinical Liaisons are at the bedside creating an experience and a level of understanding that goes beyond accepted standards.
If you’re comfortable in an acute care environment and passionate about Hospice this is the perfect position for you! Apply today to start the conversation! We look forward to helping you find your career path right here at Seasons Hospice!
RNCL, Clinical Liaison, RN Liaison, CL Nurse, CL RN, Nurse Liaison
The Clinical Liaison, either a Registered Nurse (RN), or Social Worker, will act as liaison between the contracted hospitals and the hospice team, make inpatient visits to hospice patients in contracted facilities, act as consultant for pain and symptom management, provide in-service education to providers, perform pre-admission evaluations for appropriateness for hospice services, initiates the admission process by educating and informing patient/family of hospice and it’s services. Also obtain informed consents. Provide nursing assessment, initial plan of care and intervention(s), which optimize patient and family directed comfort and quality of life and coordinates discharge planning.
*Please note that all clinical decisions must be made under the direction and supervision of the Director, Clinical Operations and in accordance with regulation admission/eligibility by the Medical Director.
Registered Nurse Qualifications
Registered Nurse license in state(s) practicing
Board Certification or working toward board certification in hospice and palliative care.
Previous experience in hospice, home health, general medical surgical or patient population specific (i.e.: geriatrics, pediatric, etc.) nursing.
Willingness to work a flex schedule and serve patients/families in the geographic service area.
Detail oriented with good time management skills.
Accurate and timely documentation skills.
Demonstrated management/leadership skills.
Demonstrated commitment to Seasons Hospice’s philosophy of care, values, mission statement and organizational culture.
Social Worker Qualifications
Qualifications vary by state. Seasons Hospice will apply the requirements per the Medicare Conditions of Participation for all Social Workers hired after December 2, 2008, shown below, except in the state(s) which require a higher minimum level of training and/or licensing.
a) Medicare Conditions of Participation (COP) – Qualifications for Hospice Social Worker:
i) Has a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; or
ii) Has a baccalaureate degree in social work from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; or a baccalaureate degree in psychology, sociology, or other field
related to social work and is supervised by an MSW as described in paragraph (b)(3)(i)(A) of this section, and
iii) Has one year of social work experience in a health care setting; or
iv) Has a baccalaureate degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, is employed by the hospice before December 2, 2008, and is not required to be supervised by an MSW.
Qualifications for state-specific requirements above and beyond the Medicare COP are as follows: AZ: Must be licensed by the state at a minimum of LMSW.
- CA: Must have a minimum of a Master of Social Work (MSW) from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- CT: Must have a minimum of a Master of Social Work (MSW) and be licensed as an LCSW in the State of Connecticut; or have an MSW and be directly supervised by an LCSW on staff.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a health care setting.
- DE: Must be a Master’s prepared Social Worker, licensed by the state as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- GA: Must have a Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited school, and licensed to practice social work in the state.
- IL: Effective 12/2/2008, must have a Master of Social Work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, and be licensed in the state as an LSW or LCSW.
- IN: Effective 12/2/2008, the Hospice Social Worker requirements for Seasons Hospice employment will follow the requirements of the Medicare Conditions of Participation shown above.
- MA: a Master of Social Work from an accredited school of social work, licensed to practice social work in the state as a Licensed Independent Practitioner of Clinical Social Work, or be a Licensed Certified Social Worker.
- MI: Effective 12/2/08, must have received a Master of Social Work degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; and licensed in the state as an LSW, LMSW, or LCSW.
- MD: Must have a Master of Social Work from an accredited school of social work, have clinical experience in counseling and casework, and be licensed by the state as an LGSW, LCSW, or LCSW-C.
- NJ: Must have a Master of Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work and an approved license by the NJ Board of Social Work Examiners.
- OR: Must have CSWA.
- TX: Effective 12/2/2008, the Hospice Social Worker requirements for Seasons Hospice employment will follow the requirements of the Medicare Conditions of Participation shown above, and employee must be licensed to practice social work in the state.
- WI: Effective 12/2/08, the Hospice Social Worker must meet the Medicare requirements shown above, and be certified/licensed in the state.
Minimum one year of social work experience in a healthcare delivery system is required; two years’ experience is preferred.
Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and the minimum state required liability auto insurance.
Demonstrated commitment to the Seasons Hospice philosophy of care, values, mission statement and organizational culture.
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Acute Care
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Lcsw)
- Social Work