You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Chief Program Officer
Sanctuary for Families is New York's leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through a comprehensive range of services. We provide a range of wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the aftermath of abuse, and work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy. Our services are available in 11 locations throughout New York City.
Sanctuary for Families seeks a dynamic senior leader with exceptional management skills to serve as the Chief Program Officer (CPO). Reporting to the Executive Director the CPO will be responsible for the oversight, management, and strategy development of all programming, including legal services, clinical services (for survivors and their children), crisis and transitional shelter services, economic empowerment, and economic mobility programming. The CPO will be responsible for developing a cohesive programmatic and impact vision to enhance the organization's holistic service model. The CPO will also play a critical role in coordinating and tracking impact across the organization and evaluating the effectiveness of programs to provide ongoing feedback and address potential gaps, oversee the development of new programs to ensure they are in line with the strategic vision and strengthen existing services.
Program Strategy and Design
- Lead the ongoing design, implementation, and refinement of Sanctuary's programmatic strategy, ensuring alignment with organizational vision and goals, and the recently adopted three-year strategic plan.
- Ensure high-quality execution of Sanctuary's programs and oversee ongoing analysis and evaluation of program data to ensure Sanctuary is using evaluation to improve programs and communicate program effectiveness to appropriate stakeholders effectively and continuously.
- Serve as key member of Sanctuary's senior leadership team, contributing to the development and refinement of organizational strategy and goals.
- Oversee the program team, with four direct reports; develop and maintain a broad and deep knowledge of all program areas and provide strategic leadership and support to promote a collaborative, innovative, Serve as the primary programmatic liaison to Sanctuary's Board of Directors; liaise with the Program Committee to ensure their engagement with program implementation and outcomes; attend and present on program outcomes at quarterly Board meetings.
- Oversee the coordination and integration of Sanctuary's programs, promoting collaborative relationships between program areas to ensure that the expectations of funders, partners, clients, and other stakeholders are met.
- Support the development of an integrated case management model to streamline referrals and information-sharing between programs, ensure better information sharing across all programs, and better link clients to services.
- Monitor emerging needs and trends in the gender-based violence field that might inform Sanctuary's programmatic goals.
- Coordinate and analyze the appropriate data to inform programmatic decision making in line with Sanctuary's mission; analyze and assess programs based on data collected and recommend improvements as needed.
- Build on existing performance and outcome measures to capture cross-cutting impact for clients that access more than one service at Sanctuary, with the goal of better positioning Sanctuary to provide holistic care.
- Support with the implementation of a new set of key performance indicators and impact measurement routines, including routines for integrating client feedback into decision-making and reporting out on progress.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of demonstrated success in leadership, management, problem-solving, strategic planning, program design and implementation in the nonprofit and/or public sectors.
- Demonstrated commitment to Sanctuary's mission and values as well as knowledge of gender violence and intimate partner violence issues.
- Demonstrated experience managing high-performing teams.
- Superior communications skills and proven ability to navigate complex interpersonal relationships, foster collaboration, and promote morale and culture; ability to provide feedback and direction across teams.
- Ability to understand and analyze impact data, particularly in the context of non-profit service provision.
- Commitment to Sanctuary's diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Master's degree preferred with a specialization in human services, social work, management, public administration, business, law, or related field; equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered with extensive specialized experience.
Budgeted Salary: $200,000 - $220,000
Work position is currently Hybrid; must be able to adhere to schedule at job location
Vaccination Policy: Proof of vaccination or proof of first dose with scheduled 2nd dose within 30 days is required.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer retirement contribution
- Paid time off
- Flex spending account
- Student loan assistance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Gym reimbursement program
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
D.E.I Commitment: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values at Sanctuary for Families that represent our dedication to fostering a safe, respectful, responsive, and fair work environment. We recognize the value diversity holds in embracing all employees, clients, and volunteers regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or professional level.
- Case Management
- Clinical Works
- Decision Making
- Gender Violence
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 3993715346
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.