ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 100% inspects work pieces for cosmetic appearance and obvious non-conformities.
- Uses picks, files and chisels to remove excess metal.
- Read and interpret work instructions correctly.
- Wrap work pieces in appropriate wrapping materials.
- Place wrapped parts in shipping containers.
- Responsible for cleanliness of work area and the general housekeeping of the Company.
- Reports any unsafe conditions to Supervisor/Management.
- Keeps the supervisor informed of broken or damaged tooling that needs to be replaced.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, or General Education Degree (GED).
Frequent mental and visual attention where the flow is intermittent with intermittent checking. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and occasionally required to walk, sit, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to airborne particles and chemicals. The noise level is usually moderate.
The employee is required to wear safety glasses, earplugs and safety shoes.
Use Hand Tool