To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Germantown, MD 20876
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Manager II Program Finance
DRS Technologies Inc • Germantown, MD
Posted 2 months ago
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
Signal Solutions is part of DRS Airborne and Intelligence Systems and specializes in communications-surveillance products that meld both RF and DSP technologies and is a leading worldwide supplier of high-quality signal-intercept equipment. We provide creative RF solutions to the Department of Defense and prime contractors. The facility designs and manufactures HF, VHF, and SHF tuners and receivers, demodulators, direction finders and wireless intercept solutions.
Job Location Germantown, MD
Job Title: Manager II Program Finance
Responsible for the financial management of a large, complex program, or several smaller complex programs for an organization or LOB (may include staff management). Financial support to include: internal and external monthly/weekly financial reporting, analysis of results and associated impact to program and Line of Business, EAC development and variance analysis, contract funding limitations and notifications, accurate and complete project set-up, timely corrections/maintenance of cost reports. Drive continuous improvement in department performance. Apply critical thinking to assist site management in identifying risk and developing risk mitigation strategies. Ensure GAAP and Corporate policies guiding revenue recognition are adhered to on every contract and properly reflected in Site plans and forecasts. Develop Line of Business sales, bookings, profit, program investment and cash forecasts from ongoing contracts and new business opportunities. Staff development, coaching and evaluation of personnel. Provide leadership and guidance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for the Financial & Program Analysis management functions of the company
- Assure soundness of analysis, good business judgment, compliance with policies and procedures, adequacy of results and that all costs and reasonable fees have been provided for
- Obtain agreement on previously determined goals and objectives through negotiation, persuasion and advocacy
- Establish, develop and maintain effective business relationships with, and serve as point of contact with, government, commercial, foreign and domestic customers
- Support negotiations with the government, industry prime contractors and foreign customers
- Oversee global linearity of manufacturing activities and forecasting, tracks cost-down initiatives across the assigned programs and Line of Business
- Understand Standards of Conduct to include: Conflicts of Interests; Improper Practices; Liability and Fraud
- Understand Contract design and structure to include: FFP; CPIF; CPFF; CPAF; BOA; IDIQ; Foreign Military Sale (FMS); and International Direct Commercial Sale (DCS), and, competitive and sole source procurements
- Strong grasp of generally accepted accounting principles and an in-depth working knowledge of the Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and IFRS
- Participate in Acquisition Planning Strategies including: the definition of contract requirements and risks, and, market research
- Support Proposal Preparations including: Bid – No Bid requirements; Cost Estimating; Pricing; RFP Review; Risk Mitigation; and Negotiation
- Understand Source Selection Evaluation Process to include Cost & Price Analysis, Discussions, Debriefings and Protest
- Program & Finance: Basis of Estimate (BOE) preparation; Budget preparation, reporting and management; Cost & Variance Analysis; Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS); Estimate at Completion (EAC); Cash Management/Working Capital; Forecasting; Contractual Reporting (CDRL, EVM, Cost & Pricing, C/SSR); Risk Management; Return on Investment (ROI); Audit preparation and management; and Program Review preparation
- Maximize IT utilization through electronic commerce and ERP/Oracle implementation
- Provide Claims and Litigation support involving ASBCA and USCFC
- General Business Operations Knowledge to include: Management principles; Business Development; HR; Operations; Finance; Accounting; Economics; and Information Technology
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Supports, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting and at least 10+ years’ progressive experience
- MA, MS and/or Professional Certification is highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of the FAR, DFAR, CAS & SOX
- Strong Contract Compliance Knowledge
- Strong Leadership and Developmental Skills
- Understand advanced financial analysis principles and have financial analysis skills
- Conduct internal training sessions on relevant financial topics within area of expertise
- Ability to mentor and train others
- Ability to guide difficult analysis on programs
- Working knowledge of IR&D/B&P/Direct Sell and Allowable vs. Unallowable Cost
- Manufacturing Financial Controls and Analysis experience is highly desired
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite)
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with Oracle or Deltek systems desired
- EVMS experience desired
Leonardo DRS, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #AIS