To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elk Grove, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Territory Transportation Supervisor
Cardinal Health • Elk Grove, CA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Transportation is responsible for the movement of materials and products between suppliers, manufacturing, warehousing and the customer. Management of transportation assets and systems to gain greater service, cost efficiency and optimization of processes. This position is responsible for all aspects of our delivery operations including, but not limited to: timeliness of deliveries; delivery hub audits; delivery related projects; courier RFP process; courier training and education; quality of deliveries; damage reduction; accuracy of courier invoices; all productivity and expense goals.
Accountabilities in this role
- Manage transportation functions for the Sacramento (Elk Grove), CA and Denver, CO distribution centers
- Requires up to 40% business travel
- Train and influence operations team on Corporate and Regional strategic initiatives to include roll out and implementation
- Accountable for managing delivery metrics (key performance indicators, management business objectives, etc.) and delivery costs (budgets, monthly P&L trends) on monthly basis
- Prepare and submit regular and ad-hoc reports on delivery metrics
- Anticipate challenges and implement solutions using Operational Excellence tools and methodology throughout the transportation network
- Identify opportunities for improvement by doing Gemba walks, participate in Kaizen events
- Partner with region Transportation Manager and corporate Transportation Center of Excellence with regards to request for proposals, rate increases and potential cost savings initiatives, service level penalties and warnings
- Facilitate courier Quarterly Business Review meetings to go over metrics, initiatives, contract compliance and uncompromised supply chain, in conjunction with region Trans Manager
- Monitor compliance of safety, security, and regulatory processes and procedures and mitigate risks
- Participate in and ensure all courier hub audits are conducted on an annual basis and meet expectations
- Resolve escalated delivery issues and follow up with ongoing communication
- Manage data integrity with regards to Distract, TLM and delivery windows database
- Partner with Region Transportation Manager, Corporate Regulatory and Global Security with regards to thefts and control substance shortages
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5+ years of supervisory leadership experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user/trainer
- Ability to travel up to 30-40%
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.