Description Job Description:
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to CAD Technician
Leidos is looking for a CAD Technician to support our Department of Energy Customer in Grand Junction, CO. The CAD Technician is responsible for supporting day-to-day needs and requests from the customer related to CAD design products developed in the site transition and design process. In addition, the CAD technician may support land survey field and office work as needed.
Specific job duties may include:
- Meeting with engineers, draftsmen, and designers to review design drawings
- Inputting design specifications into the CAD software
- Creating surface and solid CAD models according to client specifications
- Working with a design team and individually on CAD projects
- Reviewing CAD models with the client and making minor adjustments
- Conducing final model rendering and delivering the final product
- Prepare survey plats and drawings, legal descriptions and alignment drawings
- Perform quality control checks of plats and drawings prepared by the other technicians
- Support both office and field work for the land survey team as needed
- AS/BS in engineering, design, or a related discipline; an additional 4 years' experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 2+ years’ experience with AutoCAD software suite
- Previous experience as a CAD or survey technician supporting land survey operations.
- Advanced knowledge of CAD and AutoCAD software
- Ability to read and translate design specifications, as-builts, and technical drawings
- Basic understanding of building design and mechanical processes
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually on projects
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of Esri suite of products including ArcGIS Desktop
- CAD Certification
- 1+ years’ experience supporting land survey operations
- 5+ years’ experience with AutoCAD software suite, including Civil 3D and Revit
This position requires successful completion of a HSPD-12 government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required. External Referral Bonus:
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to CAD Technician.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to CAD Technician.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to CAD Technician.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Computer Aided Design
Esri Gis (Software)