Are you a compassionate, results-driven professional with the skills necessary to provide leadership within an organization that helps children and families care for themselves resulting in healthier families and safer, more prosperous communities? If so, WE NEED YOU!
The State of Nebraska, Department of Health and Human Services is seeking a Deputy Director of Analytics, Planning and Evaluation for the Division of Children and Family Services. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of the data management strategy for the Division of Children and Family Services.
What we can offer you:
• Stable Employment Opportunity
• Career Development and Learning
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 156% match of first 4.8% contribution to Retirement Plan
• 13 Paid Holidays
• Generous Leave Accruals and benefits
• Opportunity to be part of a caring organization
• Flexible Schedules
Hiring rate of position: The hiring rate is commensurate with education and experience.
Location of position: 301 Centennial Mall South, Lincoln, Nebraska 68508
Work schedule: M-F 8-5 Examples of Work :
The Deputy Director of Analytics, Planning and Evaluation is an organizational leader with a passion for continuous quality improvement through data and analysis who has a clear vision for how data can transform company strategy. The role requires hands on leadership necessary to grow a team through the startup phase into a mature organization.
The Deputy Director of Analytics, Planning and Evaluation is responsible for the development and implementation of the data management strategy for the Division of Children and Family Services. Systems improvement through innovation that propels the Divisions programs and performance is a must. The Key Focus is to provide leadership and expertise in all aspects of Data Management including improvement of the quality and fidelity of data consumed by business processes and analytics use cases.
Qualifications / Requirements :
- Develop, implement, manage, evaluate and provide leadership for the statewide Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program for the Division of Children and Family Services.
- Coordinate quality improvement activities within and across service areas and provide technical assistance as needed to improve system outcomes.
- Manage the statewide quality improvement process for the Division
- Conduct analysis on data compiled and develop improvement plans to include collaborative responsibility for the federal Program Improvement Plan (PIP).
- Responsible for future federal Child and Family Services Reviews (CFSR) as well as other state and national entities and the federal office regarding changes to enhance the program improvement processes.
- Responsible for the CQI system that will ensure compliance of the Division with federal and state regulations and laws across multiple programs.
- Responsibility to oversee data sharing agreements and building collaborations internally as well as across partner networks.
- Direct supervision of staff, developing and implementing unit and statewide strategic initiatives, developing related policies and procedures affecting the entire Division and responding to legislative issues relating to data and quality performance.
Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, finance, statistics, economics, computer or data science, business, public administration, social work, or other related field AND four years’ experience with program management in an informatics or human services field directly related to the assigned program area including business intelligence, program monitoring and evaluation and experience supervising/managing staff and resources;
OR a Master's degree in any of the above mentioned fields and two years commensurate experience. Must have a valid driver's license or ability to provide independent authorized transportation.
Master's Degree mathematics, finance, statistics, economics, computer or data science, business, public administration, social work, or other related field or other related field. Strong background in child welfare, juvenile justice and public assistance programs with progressive supervisory/management experience. Project management with Lean Six Sigma experience preferred.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
Managing information to improve and grow business performance, organizing resources to develop and promote technologies and improve business effectiveness by improving the business's knowledge base. Knowledge of research methods and techniques and federal and state laws and regulations.
Ability to create data visualization and provide clear articulation of complicated data systems. Strong writing ability and the ability to communicate clear and concisely. Knowledge of evaluation including use of statistical sampling.
Ability to design and analyze performance measures both qualitative and quantitative; evaluate progress and outcomes; perform "root cause" analysis and develop improvement plans. Skilled in interpersonal communication, data interpretation and critical thinking.
DHHS State of Nebraska values our employees as well as a supportive environment that strives to promote Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging. We recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications and at all levels without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or genetics.
For more information about the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and the Division of Children and Family Services, please visit our website, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Deputy Director of Analytics, Planning and Evaluation. #cb
- Data Management
- Human Services
- Public Administration