Associated Bank is looking to expand our Network Engineer team. Here are some reasons why our employees made us one of the best places to work in the Midwest
Now let’s talk about the position:
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Comprehensive benefit package
- 401K, Employee Stock Ownership Plan and Pension Plan
- Competitive Starting pay
- Banking Benefits
- Community involvement/volunteer opportunities highly supported and networking opportunities with Company Resource Groups
- Leading edge technology
- Great training and onboarding
Under the general direction of the Network Manager, this position will provide enterprise network engineering services. Working close with our architecture group we plan and build enterprise strength systems. While escalation support for our network operations team is necessary, there are no recurring or scheduled on-call duties typically assigned to this position. Under our charge we support a multi datacenter enterprise with 200 locations located throughout the Midwest region. Advanced technology includes Next Generation Firewalls; Host Load Balancers; Cisco branch and data center hardware; Enterprise Wireless; Internet Hosting Services; Remote Access Services.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Network/System planning and building
Advanced Level III escalation supportInformation security support
Efficient project deliveryBusiness Partner Support
- Under the direction of management, design and implement new load balancing, firewalls, routing, and switching equipment to support end users at offices and branch locations using the appropriate tools, manuals and vendor support.
- Manage load balancing, firewalls, routing, and switching to maintain desired capacity for existing and new applications. Recommend bandwidth changes for network improvements along with maintaining proper IOS levels for stability, desired features, and security.
- Respond to Network Operations escalations in support of failed network systems and services. Troubleshoot end user connectivity or communication problems to determine root cause.
- Review network diagnostic logs and assist making corrections of noted problems.
- Document new design standards and improvements on existing processes.
- Maintain currency with new vendor network hardware, operating system software, and applications solutions.
- Assist with Security Engineering team security audits and remediate identified vulnerabilities and exposures.
- Design and participate in Business Resumption Readiness testing for internal business preparedness and external Business Partner connections. Work with end users, business partners and IT Management to provide current, accurate documentation of supported systems, and activities required in the event of a disaster. Participate with ongoing testing of Business Resumption plans.
Equal Opportunity Employer Associated Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We support a work environment where colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability who need assistance applying for a position with Associated Bank are asked to email: Email blocked - click to apply
or call: Phone number blocked - click to apply
What it takes to be an Associated Bank Network Engineer
- Required Education: Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Computer Science or Telecommunications/Data Networking
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree CIS or Business Administration
- Required Experience: 3-5 years designing, implementing, installing & troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches, firewalls & load balancers including: designing, implementing & troubleshooting network routing protocols; OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, BGP; working knowledge of local, wide and metropolitan area networks; working knowledge of Cisco wireless components; Cisco infrastructure configuration & management; data circuit/WAN support including QOS configurations; Ethernet topologies & data communications.
- Preferred Experience: 5 years designing, implementing & troubleshooting network routing protocols; OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, BGP; working knowledge of local, wide & metropolitan area networks; working knowledge of Cisco wireless components; Cisco infrastructure configuration & management; data circuit/WAN support, including QOS configurations; ethernet topologies & data communications
Special Skill Requirements:
- Other: attention to detail
- Microsoft Office
- Operate Office Equipment
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
Licenses & CertificationsPreferred: Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE certifications
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Performs other duties as assigned.
Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
Perform duties in accordance with the Vision & Values of Associated Banc-Corp.
Regular attendance is required.
Basic math and reading skills, and attention to detail.
Use of basic office equipment
Represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
Maintain credit exception approval percentages within corporate approved guidelines Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements. Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources or Corporate Security, or can be reported through Associated’s anonymous Ethics Hotline.
Network Planning And Design
Wide Area Networks
Local Area Networks