To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbia, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Workforce Management Representative - Columbia, MD
UnitedHealth Group • Columbia, MD
Posted 14 days ago
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you're likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It's dramatic. It's positive. And it's being led by companies like UnitedHealth Group. Here's where you come in. With the goal of ensuring the highest quality of operations and services, you'll be responsible for all scheduling, call volume monitoring and adjustments. You'll help determine and communicate work schedules and assign resources for various call queues and interface with site leaders to ensure adequate staff, contingency plans and workflow monitoring. This is no small opportunity.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll need to ensure consistent methodologies are followed to maintain quality and support the preparation of ad hoc analysis that enables strong understanding of the business. You'll also create all production based reporting and ensure achievement of all metrics for telephone quality assurance.
Positions in this function are responsible for all scheduling, call volume monitoring and adjusting. Responsible for determining and communicating work schedules, resources for various call queues. Works with site leaders to ensure adequate staff, contingency plans and workflow monitoring.
- Use workforce management software and call volume history to help manage daily staffing levels and to determine the most effective methods for staffing adjustments
- Utilize call center tools to observe agents' actual state compared to scheduled state
- Manage real - time inbound call traffic to help ensure that service levels are met
- Gain an understanding of the technical and business solutions: optimized schedules, forecasts and other tools and present them to management
- Prepare and maintain reports, dashboards and monthly packages
- Extensive work experience within own function
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures.
- Works independently
- May act as a resource for others
- May coordinate others' activities
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years' experience working in a call center and / or transaction site
- Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Excel (i.e. creating spreadsheets, v - lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Basic level of experience with Microsoft Word (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- 2+ years experience with workforce systems such as Avaya, CMS, IEX, eWFM, Genesis and / or Blue Pumpkin
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in a related field of study
- Workforce management experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Traffic, Workforce, Representative, Monitor, Customer Service