As an NRG employee, we encourage you to think creatively and proactively about your career choices. Our work environment is dynamic and the career opportunities across our businesses offer variety and challenge. Providing career growth to our own employees is critical to our ongoing success--take charge of your career goals and empower your future!
NRG is seeking a Financial Project Analyst, with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills to join our On-Site Services team within the Sustainable Solutions Group for NRG Business.
The Financial Project Analyst will work on projects that improve business metrics, deliver incremental value and drive business results. This high-visibility position will work with multiple departments and large data sets on interesting business problems. Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to manage, evaluate, and present large amounts of data from multiple platforms in simple, visual formats. The individual must handle multiple competing priorities and solve problems efficiently. Success in this position will require excellent project management and time management skills.
The Financial Project Analyst must be capable of cross-organizational collaboration with regular communication on progress. The Financial Project Analyst must be continuously learning and have strong problem-solving skills. The Financial Project Analyst will identify and capitalize on opportunities that will advance the use of data-driven decisions.
- Build and validate forecasting financial models for varying technologies, including but not limited to generators, batteries, and EV chargers
- Perform trending analysis on projects in-flight and evaluate past projects for financial performance
- Build, validate, implement, and maintain predictive models using varying modeling methods
- Lead continued improvement efforts to reduce model results variability, analyze root causes, and drive forecasting improvements
- Propose, evaluate, and support the implementation of machine learning and statistical algorithms to manage Distributed Energy Resources portfolio
- Assist NRG Business team in tracking and quantifying the financial impacts of various market strategies
- Prepare and present summaries of completed models and business cases to leadership
- Create and present feasibility analysis for proposed projects
- Anticipate clients’ needs, operate with a sense of urgency, and can adapt to changes quickly
- Document all recurring procedures in concise and clear Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure consistency and repeatability
- Develop SOPs and Desktop Instructions to support evolving business needs
- Provide Minimal Viable Product (MVP) prototypes for the Commercial Development team to test and deploy new innovative working products
- Respond quickly to ad-hoc data requests
- Advise on proper data usage
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 or more years of financial analysis experience
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel and expertise in Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Business, Economics or a related field of study
- Energy industry experience with an understanding of electricity market fundamentals
- Familiarity with varying behind-the-meter (BTM) and micro-grid technologies
- Understanding of Distributed Energy Resources (DER) and Demand Response (DR)
- Experience working within a project management team
- Familiarity with financial calculations including, but not limited to, IRR, SPB, NPV, CLV
- Familiarity with SQL queries, including knowledge of relational databases
- Familiarity with statistical tests including t-test, chi-square, normality, and confidence intervals
- Experience in building predictive models using multiple modeling methods
Knowledge, Skills, and AbilitiesMust demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts and a solid understanding of financial analysis terminology, application, and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to collaborate efficiently and effectively with project teams across multiple offices
- Must have outstanding communication and presentation skills and the ability to present complex topics and results in simple to understand terms
- Must possess strong interpersonal, relationship building, and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and prioritize work items based on Return on Investment (ROI)
- Must possess highly developed organizational and planning skills
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources.
- Big Data
- Business Requirements