IT Technology Strategist
AdventHealth Information Technology
Location Address: Orlando FL
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Corporate
- Great benefits
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Award-winning IT Department
Full-Time, Monday – Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assists in the development of the technology strategy for AdventHealth IT.
- Builds, communicates, and refines technology roadmaps to align IT priorities with business needs.
- Researches, analyzes, and proposes prospective technologies that enable new capabilities required to support roadmap initiatives.
- Acts as a principal evangelist for new technology strategies and high impact changes.
- Partners with business and technology subject-matter experts to elicit and translate business requirements into technological vision, direction, and strategies.
- Develops and presents executive strategy briefs to educate key individuals on IT strategies and their application to AdventHealth.
- Works closely with IT teams to understand and document technical dependencies associated with strategic changes to existing technology platforms, solutions, and services.
- Develops staffing plans required to support proposed strategic initiatives.
- Collaborates with colleagues to ensure operationally led projects do not conflict with the AdventHealth IT strategy.
- Keeps current on emerging technology trends and products.
- Provides technology planning services in support of strategic decisions making processes.
- Leads solution evaluation efforts by gathering evaluation criteria in conjunction with key stakeholders, researches potential solutions through a formal evaluation processes, and provides go-forward recommendations to all interested parties.
- Develops detailed financial models to inform budget planning and product procurement decisions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to forecast and strategize based on technology trends, particularly in the areas of technology infrastructure and other complementary IT services.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills targeted at a diverse audience, with an emphasis on the ability to influence and negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated passion for continuous improvement through the application of benchmarking and maturity improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze issues, develop options, solve problems, and make strategically sound decisions within defined cost and risk parameters.
- Highly developed business partnering and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to understand highly complex technologies and definitively quantify the associated business benefit.
- Ability to utilize an understanding of technology infrastructure to extrapolate the impact of proposed technology strategies.
- Ability to create meaningful visualizations of critical technology strategies within a defined roadmap framework.
- Ability to develop highly accurate financial models that are structured in accordance with finance and budgeting principles.
- Ability to work collaboratively with vendors, business partners, and IT colleagues.
- Ability to investigate and understand historical normalcies and offer creative alternatives for positive change.
- Knowledge of industry trends, standards, and best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of major technology infrastructure components including but not limited to:
- Networking, Servers, Storage, Databases, Cloud Computing, Automation, Containerization, Systems Management, Desktop Engineering, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 10+ years of experience in a technology strategy, senior architecture, or similar role within a large enterprise environment, taking a leadership position in one or more of the following domains: Cloud, Digital, Information & Analytics, and Core Systems & Integration.
- Demonstrated business and technology transformation experience across a wide range of industries and/or organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of policies, principles, hypothesis, strategies, roadmaps, and, financial models.
- Demonstrated experience in leading complex solution evaluation initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in written or diagram form and dealing with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Demonstrated experience in research and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in presenting complex information in an understandable and meaningful way.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Healthcare experience
The Technology Strategist contributes to the overall direction, guidance, and definition of AdventHealth’s technology strategy in order to effectively support the organization’s strategic vision. Responsibilities include researching, analyzing, proposing, and driving technology strategies and solutions that deliver highly aligned outcomes. Appointees must have significant experience-based expertise in one or more areas of which they concentrate. Appointees must interoperate across several technology areas, acting as a visionary to proactively assist in defining the direction for future initiatives. Appointees are also responsible for the conception of solution approaches, building consensus, and the initial execution of such solutions.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.