Kforce has a client in search of a GL Accounting Manager in Centennial, CO.
The candidate will be responsible for analyzing financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, examine or analyze accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Analyze periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems
- Review the work of staff to ensure controls are adhered to and deadlines are met
- Oversee the accounting close process for a separate business unit
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related Financial discipline required; An advanced degree in a financial discipline is preferred
- 7 years of financial and/or accounting experience required with 2 years of management experience
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed
- Ability to analyze business trends
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software
- Experience with Oracle system implementations
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Attention To Detail