To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Gonzales, LA 70737
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Rep I - Customer Service
Total Safety • Gonzales, LA
Posted 2 months ago
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers incoming calls, greets customers cordially and provides timely responses to customer inquiries related to product and service orders, delivery and pricing.
- Researches price and delivery utilizing system information and confirms verbally as necessary. Calculates pricing while maintaining margin guidelines.
- Ensures all required information is obtained and that supporting documents are completed correctly.
- Takes orders by phone, fax, email and web-based systems and enters into the order entry system. Clarifies customer specifications by phone, email or fax as required.
- Enters customer orders into system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures that terms and conditions are communicated and that required documentation is complete including letters of credit, delivery bonds, shipping and freight forwarding requirements.
- Handles customer complaints including processing returns. Assists in determining whether the product should be accepted for return and if the customer should be credited according to established sales, warranty policies and procedures. Works with accounting to ensure complete resolution of issue to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Reviews customer open order and backorder reports on a daily basis in order to pro-actively resolve potential issues. Contacts the customer in the event there are difficulties in filling customer order, meeting delivery time, required adjustments in pricing or other issues which may need to be addressed. Follows up with internal contacts as needed to quickly resolve the issue.
- Sets up new customer accounts according to policy and procedures.
- Enters data from various sources to maintain and update various databases and spreadsheets including tracking project costs and schedule performance. Ensures data integrity by verifying input and calculations.
- Maintains a close alliance and dialogue with the assigned Sales Account Managers to ensure that all customer needs are properly serviced. Contact with other departments or external contacts to clarify, obtain and furnish information.
- Assists others in department as necessary.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED plus additional specialized courses or Associates Degree in related field. Customer Service/Sales experience in-house or similar environment with knowledge of departmental function, procedures, terminology and interrelationships preferred. Experience in Industrial Safety commodities and/or Rental Equipment products and services preferred.
Other Required Skills, Knowledge or Abilities: Excellent PC skills with proficiency in MS Office programs and ability to quickly learn new software such as RentalMan. Comprehensive, specialized knowledge of company services & applications. Proficiency with order entry / customer service applications, word processing, spreadsheet software. Ability to maintain spreadsheets and modify formats in order to complete assignments.
Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills needed in order to effectively communicate and resolve customer issues.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Must be able to handle diverse tasks simultaneously and work effectively with interruptions, meeting or exceeding production and quality goals. Ability to pay close attention to details and present good planning, organization, and time management skills.
Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information.
Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
Interpersonal Communications: Good oral and written communication skills with good vocabulary, good grammar and the ability to independently compose routine written communications. Good telephone etiquette. Daily emails & phone calls with customers to take orders, expedite orders, & resolve issues. Develops rapport and relationships with customers by providing excellent customer service. Contacts with immediate associates and immediate supervisor for instructions, training and guidance.
While performing the duties of this job, is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Spends most of the time in an office environment. Occasional visit to shop area. Must take care in moving or lifting office supplies.
Complexity of Duties and Decisions: Work consists of tasks, processes or operations where the employee must select and apply standard policies and procedures requiring little interpretation. Resolves most questions independently by choosing between a few clear choices or discussing with a supervisor. Must adhere to departmental policies, schedules and deadlines. Must conform to standard work practices (safety, security, environmental procedures and Company business practices and codes of conduct).
Is expected to review own work for completeness, accuracy and conformance to policy. Probable errors are usually detected by incumbent or in succeeding operations and generally confined to department. Timeliness of order entry and order expediting and communicating information to appropriate personnel contributes to customer satisfaction, and repeat business.
Authority: Works under general supervision, with broad instructions covering what is to be done, limitations, quality and quantity expected, deadlines and priorities. Additional, specific instructions are given for new, difficult, or unusual assignments. No Supervisory responsibility, but may serve as a resource to others.
About Total Safety:
Total Safety is the world's premier provider of integrated safety and compliance services and the products necessary to support them, including gas detection, respiratory protection, safety training, fire protection, compliance and inspection, comprehensive flare services, industrial hygiene, onsite emergency medical treatment/paramedics, communications systems, engineered systems design, and materials management.
Total Safety operates from 176 locations in 20 countries to ensure the safe Wellbeing of Workers Worldwide (W3).
Total Safety is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with Total Safety, please contact Human Resources at (713) 353-5152. (For telecommunications device for the hearing impaired – TTY, please contact 711).