AWS Big Data Architect - NYC - 12 Month Project - 100/hr
We are looking for an experienced data practitioner who is eager to apply a deep technical skill set to advance mission-driven work as Lead Data Architect. A key strategic partner to the Director of Data Analytics, you will manage data processing pipeline and ensure that our data architecture is responsive to ongoing needs. You will join a dynamic and motivated team and work collaboratively with data analysts, developers, and product managers to manage, monitor, and document our data pipeline across multiple databases and ensure data integrity and accuracy.
As we continue to expand our reach, this position offers a tremendous leadership and growth opportunity for a candidate with a robust technical and management skill set eager to tackle both the small and big challenges of our work in supporting the nation's largest public school system.
- Manage the data processing pipeline and infrastructure that moves data from raw reports to production-ready tables for use in tools and analyses.
- Maintain and update repository of R scripts for automated overnight processing of data from multiple external source systems
- Support ongoing design and refinement of core data architecture and infrastructure to ensure that data is streamlined and organized for efficient use in data products.
- Create systems for assuring data quality and accuracy
- Support the operationalizing of robust data quality assurance processes and procedures within data infrastructure to ensure data integrity
- Manage the implementation of safeguards and alerts to ensure that data is protected and monitored across the data processing pipeline
- Manage documentation of the data model across multiple SQL and noSQL databases
- 5+ years experience in data architecture, data management, data engineering, data modeling, data analysis, and/or data science including 2+ years in a managerial capacity
- A proven track record in managing a data pipeline
- Experience working in AWS or other distributed computing environments
- Proficiency in R and/or Python required
- Experience working with SQL (Redshift, Postgres, etc.) and noSQL databases (mongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience managing an effective team
- Exceptional strategic, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated persistence and independence in learning technical subject matter and in solving technical problems
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please send your resume directly to P.SandstromURL blocked - click to apply or call Phone number blocked - click to apply. Ask for Paige! My client is looking to start the interview process as soon as possible.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS permanent and contract recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally from our offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
At Jefferson Frank, our mission is simple: we want happy customers. Whether you're an AWS professional walking into your dream AWS job, or an organization hiring an incredible contractor for your cloud migration project, our goal is to deliver an unrivalled customer experience. Work with us and you'll get the personalized experience you deserve - one you'll simply not find at any other recruitment agency. At Jefferson Frank, we find great people great jobs in AWS.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Big Data and cloud analytics candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the upmost importance. For more information on available AWS Big Data Jobs as well as the cloud market, I can be contacted at Phone number blocked - click to apply. Please see URL blocked - click to apply for more information.