Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Shipping Team Leader – Campbell Soup Napoleon, OH
The Shipping Team Leader will have shift accountability for all business unit results, daily management systems and organizational health. They will be responsible for managing and improving the results with that area as needed to contribute to the overall plant compelling business needs [CBN] and journey map.
In this role the Shipping Team Leader will manage the people, equipment and processes that come together to create their end product in way that is preferred to consumers and downstream customers. This person will work to grow the capability of the people in their area. They will work to incorporate new reliability tools into the current systems in a way that is meaningful and drive continuous improvement and produces extraordinary results.
Essential responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure clear direction and priorities for the shift and that these are aligned with the business unit.
- Manage direct and indirect labor efficiently.
- Track and gap results vs work plan and budget for all KPI's including safety and quality to deliver team goals.
- Develop Service leaders and other leadership.
- Provide training, coaching and facilitation.
- Manage the Safety system within their area.
- Coach and lead the team on execution of daily management systems in the business unit such as Daily Directional Setting [DDS], Centerline [CL], Root Cause Failure Analysis [RCFA] and Operational Standards documentation.
- Improve and sustain assessment scores for DDS, CL, 5S processes.
- Ensure Operational Standards are executed with excellence.
- Work with Maintenance Lead, Engineering and other as needed to ensure follow up to significant issues are captured in RCFA.
- Lead the shift team meeting.
- Communicate team/shift results and needs to business unit manager.
- Working with all people and equipment across the shift to manage the team.
- Involved in all activities including daily management, budgeting, strategic planning, TDC initiatives, enabler planning and execution and the capital forecasting process.
We are looking for the following abilities and skills:
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Warehousing and Distribution experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite inclusive of Microsoft Excel with ability to run basic formulas, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with cWMS or other warehouse management system and SAP preferred.
- Cross functional operations experience with a strong understanding of various plant functions.
- Strong drive and initiative to make improvements in a variety of areas with a minimum of supervision.
- Strong commitment to personal development and growth.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills - Process Thinker - reliance on facts and data.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Good planning, prioritizing and organization and multiple priority management skills.
- Warehouse environment requiring strict work safety rules and personal protective equipment.
- 11:00PM to 7:00AM Monday to Friday with potentially up to 2 weekends per month as needed by the business.
- As we are a 24x7 operating plant this may require you to work other shifts on an occasional basis.
- Less than 5% travel is required with role for network team and benchmarking visits.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Shipping Team Leader for additional information.
- Complex Problem Solving
- Decision Making