To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Winona, MN 55987
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Materials Handler II
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Winona, MN
Posted 2 months ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Material Handler II with our Logistics Team
Location: Winona, MN
The Materials Handler performs a wide variety of tasks involved in the shipping and/or receiving of materials, supplies and equipment. This is a 2nd shift position working Monday through Thursday from 4:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m. plus possible overtime requirements
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Completes projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment, and professionalism when representing the company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well as an individual or on teams.
- Requires close supervision for completion of tasks.
- Able to work overtime as required.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with suppliers or customers.
- Understands and uses continuous improvement tools.
- Participates in a continuous improvement activity.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Pulls parts from stock to build kits assigned by Production Control; issue and distribute the kits to the manufacturing operation.
- Fills and accounts for material requisitions submitted from Operations.
- Receives and places parts/components into stock from Receiving/Inspection.
- Assists in tracking and filling backorders as parts/components become available.
- Ensures the correct balances are maintained by the performance of Cycle Counts.
- Includes Parts Prep area and inventory done in Value Add (Tape & Reel and Programming).
- Able to perform all the essential functions and competencies listed above.
- Monitors appropriate reports to ensure Priority material is delivered to the correct location in a timely manner.
- Restocks shelves with incoming material from various sources and locates the material in the computerized system.
- Ensures the correct balances are maintained by the performance of Cycle Counts and completes a thorough investigation of any discrepancies found while Cycle Counting.
- Completes Reconciliation of returned kits from the production floor, including fully researching and documenting all discrepancies found.
- Researches and identifies Material related issues using all available inquiries within the computerized system.
- Provides basic assistance and direction to lower level employees if requested by management.
- May pull and send requests for component sales orders to shipping.
- May be required to operate a forklift.
3+ years general or materials / warehouse experience
Forklift experience preferred
High School diploma or GED
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.