As the Company continues to expand aggressively both domestically and internationally with increasing project size, scope and complexity, there is a need to recruit additional Mechanical Engineer's for the Critical Infrastructure solutions (CIS) business unit
Potential candidates for this position will serve as a Subject Matter Expert in the areas of design and specify mechanical and plumbing systems including but not limited to HVAC, Plumbing, Pumping, Industrial Equipment, and other system components contained within a variety of facilities
The Candidate will be expected to perform site survey, engineering design, and construction support as well as commissioning
• Establish design standards, specifications, and criteria for projects
• Represent the Company in interactions with the customers, contractors, suppliers and collaborate with other project team members
• Perform site survey, calculations, evaluations, equipment selection, equipment specification, system design, system layout for project proposal and contract execution
• Develop sustainable designs for high performance systems for air and hydronic distribution, central heating and cooling plants and building management
• Produce construction contract drawings and specifications consistent with contract requirements and Regulations, applicable industrial Codes and Standards
• Address any mechanical design, fabrication, construction, and commissioning issues
• Develop system sequence of operations, compliance matrices and other project support documentation
• Participate in Pre-Installation Testing and Checkout (PITCO) processes including system programming, integration testing, and equipment build outs.
• Develop mechanical project scope, schedule, budget, and discipline coordination
• Participate in and ensure successful project construction, start up and commissioning
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert and perform quality control review of project documentation
• Participate in new product evaluations and recommendations
• Domestic and international travels on short-term assignments depending on project requirements Required Education, Experience, & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred or equivalent engineering degree
• Ability to obtain a clearance with federal government
• 3-5 years of project-based experience.
• Strong application knowledge of ASHRAE Handbook and Standards
• Working knowledge of SMACNA Technical Manuals and Standards
• Licensed Professional Engineer
• Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
• Design experience with governmental sites, data centers, and building infrastructure Preferred Experience& Skills:
• Trane TRACE and/or Carrier HAP experience
• Proficiency with the latest version of AutoCAD, Revit, and BIM experience
• LEED accreditation
• Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
• Certified Lighting & Efficiency Professional (CLEP)
• Design Build Institute of America (DBIA) Abilities
• Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
• Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
• Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
• Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
• Identify and understand the speech of another person
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit
- Building Information Modeling
- Building Management