To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
37 Sunset Inn Road
Lafayette Township, NJ 07848
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
American Addiction Centers • Lafayette Township, NJ
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SUNRISE HOUSE COOK
Responsible for preparing food to be served complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards following established food production programs and procedures. The cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to ensure loss, waste, and fraud is minimized.
Reports To: Facility ManagerResponsibilities
- Prepares and present breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.
- Creates and posts daily menus.
- Keeps work area and other surfaces neat and clean at all times.
- Keeps track of food and supplies inventory.
- Prepares shopping list for purchasing coordinator.
- Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures for quality assurance and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Promotes positive public relations with residents, family members and guests; when applicable.
- Handles food per Safe/serve guidelines.
- Prepares food quantities according to census avoiding overproduction.
- Completes special events according to instructions.
- Communicates patient issues with meal service for corrective follow up
- Prepares food according to Dietitian’s /doctors order
- Maintains cleanliness of work area at all times.
- Checks in deliveries when necessary.
- Keeps all refrigeration clean and orderly.
- Turns off all lights and locks doors secures kitchen.
- Verify all equipment is turned off at the end of the shift.
- Check and record refrigerator temps.
- Other duties assigned in the scope of the job title.
- High School Diploma required, some college preferred.
- Must have or being willing to obtain a ServSafe Food Manager Certificate
- Two years experience and a cook or prep cook.
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- If in personal recovery, a minimum of 2 years clean and sober.
AAC is committed to principles of equal opportunities for all employees. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations that are necessary to comply with State and Federal disability discrimination laws.