***$1,000 Sign On Bonus***
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Certified Medical Assistant for the Mobile Team performs a variety of healthcare screening activities to assist providers in conducting quality clinics, including administering injections, diagnostic testing, phlebotomy, quality surveys and various other procedures. Delivers exceptional customer service and maintains established quality control standards. This position will work directly with our quality mobile team, contracted physician groups and staff in the respective markets as assigned.
Travel required in the Midland/Odessa area as well as Lubbock, TX
- Performs all duties within the scope of a Certified Medical Assistant (procedures, injections, diagnostic testing, phlebotomy)
- Coordinates healthcare screening results as directed by providers, company standards, and policies
- Travels with the mobile team to clinics and centralized locations to conduct screening clinics to support contracted physician network
- Rooms patients according to company standards
- Follows all physician office guidelines while conducting screening clinics onsite at contracted physician clinics
- Arrives to all clinics as least 15 minutes early to introduce the team to the office staff and set up equipment in exam room designated for clinic
- Organizes onsite clinics to ensure all equipment and supplies are on hand and set up in the exam rooms prior to receiving patients for screening appointments
- Performs and completes all quality program health screenings per required metrics. Telephone and in-person screening limited to intake and gathering of information without requiring the exercise of judgment based on clinical knowledge
- Processes appropriate documents in an organized and accurate manner and copies all physicians on patient results and quality forms submitted
- Reviews all patient screening forms to ensure all outstanding healthcare screenings are performed and reviews medical records and collect referral information for colon screenings, DM eye exams, mammograms and labs
- Records patient care documentation in the medical records accurately and according to company policy
- Conducts post audits on all information submitted to quality program to make sure information is complete and presented within the guidelines. Any items rejected due to noncompliance will be researched and resubmitted according to guidelines
- Reviews all medical information, test results and suvey questions prior to the patient leaving to ensure all information is captured
- Presents abnormal results to the provider promptly to ensure there is not an emergent condition that needs immediate attention
- Post clinic preparation of mobile team charts for faxing, filing and forwading to the PCP offices
- Compiles results and enters information into utilization reports for submission to management
- Works as a liason between mobile team, physician business managers, and contracted PCP offices to ensure all patient information is reported accurately and are completed. Offers solutions to improve quality goals
- Coordinates with the providers and contracted PCP groups to ensure timely submission of their screenings to the DataRaps department
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the department as well as proper release of patient information at all times
- Maintains certifications (MA and CPR) and quality control standards
- Participates in marketing events as determined by business need
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
$1000 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates
Incentive Bonus 2 times a year
18 days of PTO & Closed On Major Holidays
MA Certification Fee Reimbursement - 401K Match
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- 1+ years of experience as a Medical Assistant
- Current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification or registration or must obtain the designation within 180 days of employment hire date
- Current BLS certification for healthcare providers (written exam and in-person assessment) at time of hire or within 30 days of hire
- Basic computer literacy
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Ability to travel frequently within assigned market
- Reliable transportation for daily travel to various clinics as assigned
- Valid drivers license within the state of work
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- 2+ years of experience as a Medical Assistant
- 2+ years of related experience in a medical setting
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 100 pounds of force
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
- Occasionally requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.