We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Job Description & Requirements
- Experience with complex, innovative algorithm design and math-intensive software development in C/C++.
- Strong foundation in geometric modeling, computational geometry, CAD, FEM or computer graphics.
- Experience with numerical optimization techniques.
- High standards for code quality, maintainability, robustness and performance.
- Evidence of achievement in academia or industry.
- Requires completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Geoscience, or similar discipline, and a minimum of 6 years of related experience, which includes software development and algorithms.
Duties and responsibilities shall include:
- Under general supervision, provides technical leadership while maintaining the ability to advance development expertise by designing, coding, testing, trouble-shooting, and documenting engineering systems applications.
- Assists in scoping and costing of technical solutions.
- This role will have responsibility for identifying and filling technological and functional requirements needed by the organization, or the project.
- Ensures that the technical solutions produced meet the accepted technical standards.
- Supervises development, QA, and/or other technical staff members. Manages the development team and potentially outside consultants in coordinating project design and milestone reviews to ensure on-time, on-schedule, on-scope delivery.
- Responsible for staffing and career development within the team.
- Utilizes project management skills and tracking tools in the organization and execution of project assignments.
- Executes tactical action plans according to department goals and objectives.
- Contributes technical leadership and provides technical guidance in the area of expertise to the delivery of the product.
- Incorporates reliability analysis and promotes optimum use of development tools and standards during the design process.
- Ensures re-use of technical components and reduced duplication.
- Possesses understanding of the supported PSL's technology and broad understanding of the associated development tools.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from Tech Prof- Technology, Ld to Tech Prof Leader – Technology, Sr.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N Sam Houston Pkwy E, Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 132818
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Career Development
- Computational Geometry
- Functional Design