Under general supervision, the Assistant Store Leader supports the Store Leader in all facets of store operations. The principal business outcome for this position is to ensure that outstanding guest service experiences are provided using elements of GameStop's buy, sell, trade, and reservation business model, The Circle of Life. This includes ensuring the store is clean, well-organized, properly merchandised at all times, answering questions, and assisting with product selection, purchases, and returns. This position supervises Guest Advisors and Senior Guest Advisors in the absence of the Store Leader.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Provide best in class guest service: promptly greet guests, respond to guest concerns and complaints quickly, effectively and courteously; align guest needs with GameStop product and benefit solutions, and recommend additional items as appropriate, and ensure every guest is thanked for shopping at GameStop; prioritize guests over tasks and demonstrate that commitment by circulating throughout the store to assist them.
- Promptly process guest purchases/return transactions via Point‐of‐Sale computer system via PC keyboard, including making accurate change, placing merchandise in a bag, and removing receipt from the printer to give to guest.
- Respond to guest comments or questions in person or on the phone; answer phone calls promptly, courteously and professionally, using the prescriptive phone greeting provided by GameStop.
- Promote GameStop's unique guest benefits: new title reservations program, and Power Up Rewards guest loyalty program.
- Assist with supervising staffing levels to achieve optimum guest service at all times and ensure that best‐in‐class guest service is consistently provided.
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback to the Store Leader concerning staff performance and address as directed.
- Assist the Store Leader with training store associates in all aspects of their job responsibilities, including company/store policies procedures, and guidelines.
- In partnership with the Store Leader, conduct store inventory counts, stock/restock merchandise on shelves and fixtures, and move product from the stock room to the front of the store to ensure that all products in the store are represented, organized, and alphabetized on the sales floor.
- Assist store team in meeting sales, profit and shrink goals and accomplish administrative and operational duties set by Store Leader.
- Count, balance and reconcile daily business transaction totals correctly and accurately in the point‐of‐sale (POS) system; ensure that Game Planner and all closeout paperwork for daily business transactions and bank deposit slips are completed correctly and accurately; ensure store has sufficient cash and change for sales transactions; make bank deposits daily per established guidelines.
- Verify all shipments for discrepancies/shortages and record any discrepancies in the POS system; conduct merchandise counts/inventories and communicate discrepancies to Store Leader/District Leader.
- Adhere to all loss prevention guidelines, including but not limited to, visually inspect associates' and leaders' packages and/or belongings.
- Ensure all store fixtures and equipment is in proper working order.
- Process defectives/recalls and stock pulls accurately and promptly, ensuring that all boxes are properly labeled and include packing lists.
- Maintain awareness of associate and guest safety; identify and immediately address potentially hazardous situations.
- Assist in maintaining store records/files in a neat and organized manner; help ensure that manuals are up‐to‐date.
Building Guest Loyalty - Effectively meets guest's needs; builds productive guest relationships; takes responsibility for guest satisfaction and loyalty.
Contributing to Team Success - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
Delegating Responsibility - Allocates task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization's and individual's effectiveness.
Energy ‐ Consistently maintains high levels of activity or productivity; sustains long working hours when necessary; operates with vigor, effectiveness and determination over periods of time.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Must be at least 18 years of age and present state‐required proof of age documents
- High school diploma or GED required; An Associate's or accredited Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in business, marketing,
- merchandising, or related field preferred
- At least 2 years of retail sales, guest service, and/or leadership/management experience required; at least 6 months of retail
- management experience preferred
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach with arms / hands, climb on ladders, and lift merchandise weighing up to 50 lbs. from
- ground level to minimum height of 4 feet
- Must be able to work alone and move throughout the store unassisted for up to 12 hours
- Must have transportation to make bank deposits as needed according to Company guidelines
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient guest service skills
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English; bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred
- Ability to work in a fast‐paced, rapidly changing environment
- Proficient knowledge of operating a point‐of‐sale computer system and properly completing required paperwork
- Proficient understanding of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Working knowledge of alphabetizing
- Proficient self‐motivation and ability to work as a team to complete necessary tasks in a timely manner
- Proficient problem solving skills and judgment abilities
- Proficient ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deliver bank deposits according to loss prevention safety guidelines
- Ability to work extended hours/days as necessary, including Sundays
- Ability to remain effective under pressure; ability to handle stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
- Demonstrated commitment to all Respectful Workplace policies, procedures, and general expectations.
- Possess or acquire during employment on‐boarding a working understanding of military ranks and related insignia (*applies only to positions in stores located on military bases)
Maximize Sale Potential
Achieving Budgeted Sales
See the next step in your career
Assistant Store Leader, Military Store 6864
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: Req-104719
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Headquartered in Grapevine, TX, GameStop.com Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of GameStop, Inc., is the world's largest online video game and entertainment software specialty retailer. Game Stop, Inc. is a Barnes & Noble company.
View the full profile
GameStop.com Inc. sells the most popular new software, hardware and game accessories for the PC and next generation game console systems from Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft and Sega and is also the industry's largest reseller of pre-played games. In addition, GameStop.com sells computer magazines and strategy guides, action figures, collectible trading cards, and other related merchandise to the more than 30 million customers that visit the company's site each year.
Game Stop Corp. is the nation's largest video game and entertainment software specialty retailer. We carry one of the largest assortments of popular new and used video game hardware, video game software and accessories, PC entertainment software, and related products, including action figures, and strategy guides. We operate over 1,000 retail stores throughout 49 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, under the names of Game Stop, Babbage’s, Software Etc., and FuncoLand. Our stores are located within shopping malls and strip center locations. In addition, we operate a website at www.gamestop.com and publish Game Informer, one of the industry’s largest circulation multi-platform video game magazines, with over 600,000 subscribers