*6 weeks On-Site Training in Worcester, MA*
*$1,000 sign-on Bonus For External Candidates*
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization - Optum - behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model - integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm)
Position in this function provides operational support to the Prescription department location. Receives requests to process prescriptions in an accurate and timely manner to get providers approval. Performs assigned prescription functions and duties in support of the prescription department. Takes incoming calls and make outreach telephone calls to patients who have requested medication refills or renewals. Processes medication requests following standard procedure. Checks appropriate notes, pertinent lab results and order labs that are required to support requests being pended for provider approval. Checks if patients are up to date with appointments and books follow up appointments that are required to sustain compliance with treatments. Selects and pend correct medication, dosage, sig and number of refills with selecting correct pharmacy before routing to the appropriate provider for approval. Manages patient’s drug management agreements and updates accordingly. Processes prior authorizations for medications that are not covered by patients insurance. Performs tasks focused on fostering teamwork and dedication to patient safety and satisfaction.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Performs assigned duties as directed by the prescription specialist supervisor
- Interacts effectively and professionally with all location departments at Reliant Medical Group
- Interacts effectively and professionally with all patients, prescribers and payors and pharmacies related to any and all prescription requests
- Develops proficiencies in utilization of Epic
- Works independently and handles multiple tasks
- Greets patients over the telephone to ensure prompt service for patient needs
- Performs computer entry of prescription information including but not limited to: patient search, prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation, chart review, and provides accurate documentation in Epic
- Accurately reviews and processes e-prescriptions, faxed prescriptions, my-chart renewals, patient calls per Prescription Department guidelines
- Accepts customer, insurance and prescription information required to process new and refill prescriptions, including refill authorization from doctor offices where permitted by state law
- Communicates any issues which may delay the prescription to the patient. Works directly with the prescription specialist supervisor to coordinate the resolution for the patient
- Follows all downtime and emergency processes per departmental policies
- Assists with projects, prescription initiatives and other tasks at the department as required
- Assists with maintaining the prescription pool by keeping it up to date and while also managing open encounters and in-basket management
- Follows all asset protection and personal safety guidelines as outlined in the department Policy and Procedures
- Responsible for obtaining correct Prior Authorizations forms. Completes and processes prior authorizations for medications that are not covered by patient’s insurance
- Great knowledge with insurance companies and pharmacies
- Treats each patient with dignity and respect and is dedicated to maximum patient satisfaction
- Conforms to all record keeping responsibilities of the department and organization
- Follows all professional and departmental guidelines for PHI and HIPPA compliance.
- Reports any departmental, organizational, state or federal non-compliance issues to their immediate department supervisor immediately. Completes SSA in a timely fashion
- Actively contributes to the evaluation and continuous improvement of customer services and as well as department policies, and procedures
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives
- Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, seminars, etc.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed
- Regular, reliable and predicable attendance is required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Current unemcumbered Pharmacy Technician license in the State of Massachusetts
- 1+ years of retail Pharmacy Technician experience
- Experience with Pharmacy management software and operational platforms
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 3+ years of retail Pharmacy Technician experience
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $23.51. The hourly range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.00 to $25.77. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a realated entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal candidates") are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.