At Jacobs, advanced facilities simplify our everyday lives, enabling technology to connect us. We push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable.
As a Sr. Project Architect in Austin, TX, you will have the chance to work with a highly creative, in-house multi-disciplinary team dedicated to innovative problem-solving and design excellence. You will support the design of complex advanced facilities and structures for our clients requiring advanced planning and building techniques. Collaborating in our fast-paced environment with other members of the team, you will work in all phases of design, performing conceptual, layout, and detailed design tasks. You will oversee design and construction activities, studies, and various analyses, leading design coordination across architecture and engineering disciplines. With our team you will also have the opportunity to provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior team members, helping your team discover what drives them, nurturing their purpose, and guiding them forward.
We are looking for individuals with leadership and expertise. You will be leading a team of architects and designers in the design of complex and technical facilities. Project types include state-of-the-art electronics manufacturing facilities, data centers, and cleanroom environments. In this position you will be supporting project management in securing new projects, and providing effective project oversight.
If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress. Bring your creativity, ambitious spirit, and desire to bring value to your team, and we’ll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
- Professional Architecture license
- At least 15 years of architecture experience
- Leadership experience motivating, coordinating, and guiding small to medium architecture teams
- Self-starter personality with the ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Experience delivering projects from concept through detailed design
- Working knowledge of building codes and specifications
- Experience with Building and Site Planning, including interface with the client to ensure expectations are identified and met
- Ability to perform sales activities including client development, proposal and qualifications development, and interviews
- History of developing and monitoring financial and project delivery schedules
- Established practice of managing and ensuring project quality, as well as providing ideas and suggestions aimed at improving the effectiveness of project activities.
- Excellent client focus
- Good social, networking, organization, communication, people, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point programs
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Advanced facilities building design experience
- Experience providing personnel management and directing the daily activities of small teams
- Aware of sustainability and emerging technologies
- Familiarity with Revit
- LEED accreditation
- Desire to travel
- Sketch up, Adobe Suite, InDesign skills
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ]
- Adobe In Design
- Autodesk Revit
- Building Codes
- Business Development