Headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, International-Matex Tank Terminals (IMTT) is an industry leader in the handling and storage of bulk liquid products through its ownership and operation of 19 terminals throughout North America. The terminals handle petroleum, biofuels, commodity/specialty chemicals, and vegetable/tropical oil products for customers including refiners, commodities traders and chemical manufacturers and distributers.
This position is located in Geismar, LA.
Purpose of the job:
The Operations Development Manager is responsible for the creation, refinement, and implementation of procedures and training for operational and maintenance activities across multiple liquid bulk terminals that are consistent with the goals and strategies of the Corporate Safety Leadership Team. These procedures will reflect best management practices at IMTT and elsewhere in the bulk liquid storage industry, shall meet regulatory requirements where applicable, and be consistent with IMTT policies. The Operations Development Manager will establish and execute a comprehensive operations and maintenance training program to enable members of the workforce to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to perform their duties proficiently, without incident, and in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and IMTT policies and requirements. The position is directly responsible for ensuring all required training, regardless of functional area, for the region is identified, scheduled, executed, and documented for safety and compliance. The Operations Development Manager will report to the General Manager for one of four IMTT Regions and may have managerial responsibility over local trainers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Promotes a positive safety culture in the workplace through personal example and by fully complying with all safety policies and procedures, and applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Drives operational and maintenance policy, procedure, and training initiatives across the region.
- Responsible for implementing operational and maintenance procedures reflective ofIMTT policy.
- Plans, schedules, documents, tracks, analyzes, and reports on all training for the region. This includes non-operations training such as environmental, health, safety, security, ethics, and SOX compliance related training.
- Oversee and support the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) program for applicable terminals in the region.
- Ensure quality equipment is tested and verified under applicable regulations and standards throughout the region (gauges, thermometers, and lab equipment etc.).
- Coordinate and keep records on training associated with regulatory programs such as PHMSA and RMP/PSM.
- Provides coaching and guidance to all levels of employees to ensure improved safety attitudes. intervention. near miss reportina and incident reduction while alinnina with Corporate operational policies.
- Conducts risk assessments, operational reviews, and regular audits. Identify, prevent and resolve operational or maintenance deficiencies in procedures. Conduct and review incident investigations to understand lessons learned for enhancement to policies and procedures.
- Maintain working knowledge of all relevant government regulations relative to the region.
- Recommend actions to standardize operating philosophies and management practices across the company in order to eliminate gaps and risk.
- Enable and assist Terminals to ensure compliance with policies, training on procedures, and applicable recordkeeping is conducted as efficiently as possible given customer and budget requirements.
- Lead and participate in cross functional teams to develop and audit policies, procedures and training to optimize performance and reduce risk.
- Drive continuous improvement through key performance indicators and data analysis.
- Implement and improve on the job training for employees through observation and evaluation of current practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry:
- 5+ years of operational and/or maintenance leadership or suitable experience training and
- teaching, preferably in the same or related industry of handling petroleum and chemicals.
- Work experience as a trainer, training manager, operations or maintenance leader.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in planning and arranging multiday meetings/seminars.
- Proven people management skill, the position will require constant employee engagement.
- Impeccable safety record.
- Knowledge of and experience working with regulatory programs and agencies; at a
- minimum: Environmental Protection Agency, Occupational Safety and Health
- Administration, local environmental agencies, Federal Railroad Administration, Department of Transportation, and US Coast Guard.
- Knowledge of Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration regulations.
- Knowledge of petroleum and chemical facility best practices and standards (such as
- American Petroleum Institute and International Safety Guide for Oil Tankers and Terminals.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
- Valid driver's license
- Transportation Worker Identification Card
- Excellent management and goalsetting.
- Understanding of traditional and modern training methods (including workshops,
- simulations, e-learning and coaching)
- Experience organizing training activities in an industrial or field environment
- Hands-on experience with project management and budgeting
- Proficiency in Leaming Management Systems (LMS)
- BS in Human Resources, Learning and Development, Organizational Psychology or relevant field.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to understand written and verbal communication in the English language.
Equipment Used in Job Performance:
- Computers and software
- Two-way radios
- Typical office equipment
- Company vehicles
- Safety equipment
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
- Ability to work in an office environment.
- Ability to work in field environment, climb stairways to the top of 60 ft storage tanks, work outside in all weather conditions, and carry up to 50lbs on occasion.
- Ability to make decisions in a variable environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all management and non-management personnel
- Regular travel to assigned terminals is required.
- Will work after hours and on weekends as needed.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment