Recognized as a Center of Excellence for Nutrition, Eurofins Nutrition Analysis Center specializes in analyzing feed, commodities, pet food and dietary supplements for lipids, proximates and minerals for nutrition. This laboratory is also one of only 13 Official Referee laboratories for soybean meal and oil certified by the AOCS and NOPA. It is an USDA inspected laboratory.
Eurofins Nutrition Analysis Center is searching for a Laboratory Analyst III in Des Moines, IA.
Laboratory Analyst III responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
• Understand and follow Quality System documents relevant to responsibilities, e.g., Quality Manual, SOPs, and Methods.
• Adhere to appropriate quality measures to meet or exceed the standards set by ISO/IEC 17025, government regulatory (cGMP, GLP), and company requirements relevant to assigned duties.
• Adhere to all health, safety, and environmental regulations relative to assigned analytical work; maintain and assist others in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
• Schedule and set up batches of samples for testing. As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) must have knowledge of and training to perform work functionability across entire Value Strem of lab facility.
• Perform timely and accurate analysis of samples to meet customer commitments, including but not limited to, preparing samples for analysis, using appropriate analysis methods and techniques, and applying appropriate data reduction.
• Demonstrate proficiency in the core tests in the departments, and/or across various sections.
• Maintain a neat and accurate record system; keep accurate records of work performed on a daily basis and as needed for quality control tests or regulatory purposes; record test data and results for samples in logbook, record book or BookMaster and enter the data or results into eLIMS either manually or through automatic export in a timely and accurate manner.
• Operate, troubleshoot, clean, and maintain sophisticated instruments, such as gas chromatograph (GC) and high performance liquid chromatograph (HPLC), with minimal supervision, along with other departmental equipment as needed.
• Identify from samples assayed the need for rechecks. Perform out-of-spec (OOS) investigations and non-conformance investigations.
• Maintain clean glassware and prepare solutions for use in the daily testing of assigned samples.
• Identify method/matrix/analytical difficulties and report these together with proposed solutions to Technical Managers, Supervisors, Group Leader, and/or Director of Operations.
• Mentor and train Lab Tech I and Lab Tech II.
• Recommend more accurate or efficient laboratory equipment or procedures through LEAN initiative engaement and involvement.
• Assist Group Leader, Supervisors and Technical Managers production and project management to exceed client expectation deadlines.
• Self-motivated and self-starter that is able to see work that needs to be done in timely, safe manner with the upmost quality standards in mind.
• Ensure that proprietary methodologies are not disclosed to non-employees except as approved in writing by the laboratory management or appointed designate.
• Maintain a perpetual state of readiness and willingness to respond to the queries and needs of clients, staff, and co-workers.
• Remain current on technical, industry, and business advancements and trends as suggested by Technical Manager and supervisor.
• Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees. Communicate orally and in writing to co-workers. This includes "intra" and "inter" departmental employees.
• Promote the company image through the exercising of sound and ethical business practices as related to the public and our customers.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate would possess :
• Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
• Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
• Bachelor's degree in science with 2-4 years of work experience
• Basic understanding of cGMP, GLP, and ISO 17025 guidelines
• Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Fri-Mon, 10:30PM - 9:30AM, with additional hours as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Des Moines, Iowa are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Laboratory Analyst III - Third Shift .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Attention To Detail