To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mechanicsville, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Global Compensation Manager
Owens & Minor, Inc. • Mechanicsville, VA
Posted 20 days ago
Serves as an integral partner to the HR Business Partner teams to identify and resolve global compensation-related issues; guides and facilitates conversations on how Owens & Minor's Global Compensation programs can drive/support Owens & Minor short and long-term global success. Partners globally with the HR and leadership teams on planning, designing, communicating and operationalizing equitable and market competitive total compensation packages and programs involving areas such as base pay, salary administration policy, incentives, bonuses, collective bargaining/work council agreements and sales compensation. Leads a small team of compensation analysts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develops, designs, and implements global compensation programs to strengthen 'pay for performance' philosophies while ensuring internal/external equity and cost effectiveness and internal process efficiencies.
2. Ensures compensation policies and procedures are developed, maintained, communicated and administered in a timely and accurate manner. Counsels and coaches HR and leadership teams on the application of policies; identifies creative solutions to business issues; measures and reports results.
3. Ensures compensation policies are in compliance with state, federal and international regulations in all areas of compensation including but not limited to: payment of wages and overtime pay, agreements with labor unions, regulations regarding the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Department of Labor and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
4. In partnership with Global Total Rewards leader, provides senior management with merit budget and salary increase recommendations for upcoming fiscal year. Partners with Audit team to ensure company adherence to guidelines.
5. Acts as subject-matter-expert for compensation-related Oracle modules ad transactions; partners with HRIS team to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and transaction accuracy/efficiency.
6. Stays abreast of new compensation strategies, changes that impact compensation programs and latest technology related to compensation programs, inclusive of tax changes or legal issues and takes action to maintain compliance and facilitate change.
7. Leads the preparation/implementation of materials related to Compensation strategies and programs.
8. Assists with the development, implementation and communication of Executive Compensation programs; coordinates with internal counsel and external consultants as needed.
9. Performs industry benchmarking to ensure compensation programs are market competitive and aligned by line of business.
10. Develops collaborative partnerships with the HR Business Partner and COE teams in the creation of compensation programs and strategies.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Finance or Accounting, Business Administration or other related discipline, required.
- Minimum, seven (7) years of international compensation experience, required.
- Minimum, three (3) years of managerial (supervisory) experience, preferred.
- Prior experience in a global, matrixed work environment, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates global compensation knowledge and skills with the ability to translate/adapt concepts to domestic and international audiences.
- Familiarity with FLSA, OFCCP, IRS and SEC regulations
- Knowledge of market pricing techniques and systems.
- Understanding of stock equity plans
- Knowledge of Oracle and/or other HRIS Systems.
- PC Skills (spreadsheet and word processing skills)
- Ability to research/analyze data, identify problems/deficiencies, and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Ability to interpret contracts and agreements.
- Ability to demonstrate effective planning, organization and project management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and to participate in multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written form and verbally.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with teammates at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to coach, counsel and develop others; Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Occasional travel required