System One is currently seeking a Meter Reader on a contract position for a major utility located in Clovis, NM.
Meter Reader Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accurate and timely manual meter readings of electric meters; record index into computerized handheld systems; report hazardous conditions, meter tampering and meter conditions, timely completion of assignments; assist in ensuring data integrity and customer satisfaction.
- Adheres to safety policies and practices and attends safety meetings.
- Reads and records electric meter indexes into computerized handheld systems.
- Identifies and reports meter irregularities. Reports any safety hazards discovered at the customer's premises.
- Adheres to department safety policies and practices in support of the company’s commitment to safety.
- Maintain current meter location records and maps.
- Provide documentation to enhance route efficiencies.
- Responsible for the protection and maintenance of all assigned company equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Meter Reader Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Must be able to walk and / or drive for extended periods of time through various terrain and withstand all types of weather conditions
- Working knowledge of the geographic area, especially with the under-standing of rural and oilfield locations in the area in which they are applying
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule
Duration: 6 months
Location: Clovis, NM
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: BHJOB2400_141236
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Exceptional talent. Specialized solutions.
View the full profile
System One delivers specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. For more than 30 years, we have helped our clients engage skilled professionals and improve productivity.
We place individuals in contract, project, and direct hire roles across a wide range of professional and technical disciplines, from engineering and energy to information technology and scientific. System One has the contacts, experience and resources to make great career matches.
We also value our candidates as an integral part of the hiring equation and recognize your value and contributions to our success. Our consultants receive competitive benefits, including direct deposit, 401(k), group insurance and more. We look forward to helping you meet your personal and professional goals. Learn more at systemone.com. EOE, AA.