Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home. Unique clinical environment:
Lead a full interdisciplinary team with varied expertise to care for hospice patients, one on one, and in their most preferred environment – at home. Culture of teamwork:
Lead, promote and support a multi-disciplinary team while serving as the key leader of the care center Ongoing support:
Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and more Advancement:
Goal planning and opportunities to develop skills for higher level positions Clinical distinction:
High-level clinical services with outstanding outcomes Healthcare leader:
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
Hospice Director of Operations Registered Nurse 7500 Sign On Bonus
What You Will Do:
As the Director of Operations you will serve a key role for the organization as a leader with responsibility to lead and develop people and processes to provide the highest quality hospice and palliative care to patients. With responsibility for overall organization and financial management of the hospice agency, you will ensure the delivery of quality care to patients, enhancement of business development, and continuous improvement of agency efficiency and fiscal success.
- Responsible for and causes compliance with all regulations, laws, policies and procedures applicable to hospice and reimbursement issues. Educates all staff members about state and federal rules and regulations as well as ACHC, and other regulatory agencies standards. Oversees the implementation of agency policies and procedures.
- Manages and evaluates the health services program to ensure quality of service and maintenance of policy standards and makes consultative/supervisory home visits and physician calls with staff as needed, as appropriate.
- Is responsible for and ensures a comprehensive quality assessment and performance improvement program for the agency.
- Participates with the physician, referral sources, and professional staff in decisions regarding patient eligibility and suitability for the hospice program.
- Acts as a liaison between staff, patients, physicians, and other health care providers.
- Work with all members of the medical community to promote home care services.
- Recruit, hire, assign, evaluate and develop staff to ensure delivery of quality care to patients.
- Assists and coordinates, with the senior management, the budget development process, implementation and evaluation.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
• Paid Time Off/Holidays
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
• 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
• Continuing education
• Fleet car for eligible employees
- Registered nurse OR a health care professional licensed to practice in the state with supervisory or management experience in a health care setting OR an individual with education, training and experience in health service administration with management experience in a health care setting.
- Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state’s practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license. See list of Nurse Licensure Compact States (NLC)
- Demonstrates knowledge of Federal, state, local and ACHC regulations.
- Demonstrates organizational and communication skills which would enable effective interaction with agency staff, patients, families, physicians, health care providers, and the community.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in hospice setting preferred.
- Possesses current driver’s license, agency required liability insurance, and reliable automobile transportation.
- Current CPR certification, drivers liability insurance, and reliable automobile transportation.
• Baccalaureate or Masters degree in Nursing
• Financial management experience
• Minimum of two (2) years experience in hospice setting
**some requirements are state specific and require a Registered Nurse with a Baccalaureate or higher degree and specific supervisory and experience in a home care setting up to 4 or 5 years in home care