To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
11720 Plaza America Drive
Reston, VA 20190
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Infrastructure Cloud Engineering Lead
Unisys Corporation • Reston, VA
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Infrastructure Cloud Engineering Lead to join our team in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Potential for Remote/Virtual work (on site work required on a 'needs' basis).
The Infrastructure Engineering Lead must have experience in the management of small, high performance technical teams working in data center updates, consolidations and migrations of software portfolios to new cloud and other virtualized environments. Must have understanding of and experience with the migration of legacy systems to cloud, and deep knowledge of the options available in terms of tools, platforms, etc. in migrating applications and services to the cloud. Must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements. Must have extensive experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues. Has extensive experience in taking program requirements and is able to create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems. Experience in creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project. Is responsible for dictating design choices to software and system solution developers, including but not limited to: platforms, deployment platform and virtualized environment solutions. Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices. Oversees the development of all CAS Infrastructure Engineering consulting services to the VA. Has extensive software and Hardware development experience as well as development and deployment platforms. Has experience with and knowledge of VA system development, testing, integration, and operations processes and policies; as well as the platforms on which VA deploys systems and services
Business Development and Client Facing Responsibilities:
Fills a technical leadership role with in-depth portfolio related technology specialization to build quality infrastructure solutions that meet the requirements and advises clients on Unisys Solution offerings, strategy, designs, specific technologies, implementation approaches and alternatives / tradeoffs.
• Leads the CAS Infrastructure Engineering technical team, overseeing all of that team’s technical requirements and deliverables
• Acts as the primary technical POC for the rest of the CAS program on Infrastructure Engineering team tasks and deliverables
• Works with the Infrastructure Engineering team to make sure they understand and support all VA VIP processes and milestones
• Identifies opportunities for follow-on business and assists in creating change orders.
• Leads or supports delivery of advisory services, strategic planning activities and business case development within the assigned Unisys portfolio areas and infrastructure disciplines such as application / storage platforms, databases, networks, security and IT processes / operations / governance. Mentors junior architects on advisory services delivery.
• Leads or supports delivery of Unisys Area of Strength portfolio strategy presentations to clients including features, implementation approach, technical requirements, impacts, and benefits.
• Assumes a leadership position on and uses understanding of Unisys Portfolio Resources for new business opportunities. Performs responsibilities including Portfolio solution proposal management, solution design, solution review, risk analysis, proposal preparation and client presentations.
• Provides technical oversight for or develops technical estimates created with standards tools, portfolio Work Breakdown Structures, statements of work and industry standard estimating techniques.
• Uses portfolio solution knowledge and Portfolio Center resources to lead or support the technical portion of the bid process including design reviews, bid reviews, portfolio component selection, development case definition and system integration approach.
• Analyzes and evaluates client requirements against portfolio offerings and performs build vs. buy analyses.
• Architects a complete solution using appropriate portfolio offerings with design elements that allow integration into client environment.
• May refine and optimize infrastructure architectural models and creates architectural prototypes as required. Reviews the architectural artifacts and/or technology plans produced by junior architects.
• Adheres to appropriate SDF processes, architectural artifact requirements and architectural best practices.
• Is responsible for the solution integrity within the assigned solution area for the engagement.
• Coordinates architect resources on all sized projects to develop the infrastructure architecture.
• Maintains knowledge of technologies, industry trends, standards and design techniques.
Service Delivery Responsibilities
Fills an architect functional role with in-depth portfolio related technology specialization to develop or refine infrastructure solution designs based on Unisys portfolio offerings and interfaces with the client on all issues related to the design, implementation, testing and cutover of the solution.
• Works with client stakeholders to evaluate the solution requirements and supports the management and traceability of requirements during the engagement
• Acts as a subject matter expert resource to clients on Portfolio Solution processes, required products, product configuration, solution integration, implementation methodologies, resource requirements and implementation timelines.
• Interfaces to all levels of the client’s organization on solution implementation progress, technical issues, proper practices and technical requirements.
• Acts as a key contact for medium to large client portfolio solution implementations including oversight of multiple engagements within the assigned portfolio area.
• Promotes the use of Unisys standard SDF methods, tools and processes for the client engagement
• May develop and refine infrastructure design models using Unisys standard asset discovery and infrastructure modeling tools. Leads or supports design peer reviews and internal project reviews.
• Works with client technical staff during the requirements definition and implementation to resolve issues
• Assumes accountability for the infrastructure solution technology components and the successful implementation of the full solution. May include hands-on modeling, design, configuration, installation, performance tuning, prototyping and/or other efforts required to keep the project on a successful track.
• Provides input on implementation status and changes to risks, estimates or schedule
• Collaborates with architect peers to efficiently resolve technical issues, improve implementation quality and share high quality information
• May monitor the performance of external service providers or subcontractors
Will assign and review tasks, mentor engineers and architects, manage performance feedback, and create development plans consistent with performing the role of team leader or project manager
Master's degree in Computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline and 10 years’ experience required.
Experienced with Cloud Migration Strategy, Planning, and Migration activities
Architect or developer certifications in AWS or Azure cloud technologies.
Experience delivering solutions to the Dept. of Veterans’ Affairs (VA) with major programs
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.