CWS is seeking a candidate to provide applications systems analyst/programmer support for a customer-focused technology service contract supporting the Aviation Logistics Center (ALC) in Elizabeth City, NC. The U.S. Coast Guard Aviation Logistics Center Information Systems Division's objective is to obtain services for IT support and the required on-site technical personnel for mission support for the Asset Logistics Information Management System (ALMIS), Aviation Logistics Center – Logistics Support System (ALC-LSS), Coast Guard Logistics Information Management System (CG-LIMS), Account Management and Help Desk Support. This support includes overall operations of logistics focused on engineered IT systems at ALC and the Coast Guard's applications and enterprise systems.
The ideal candidate assists in developing and modifying an organization's applications systems by encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs. Ensures that programs can be integrated in the applications systems. Assists with solving problems with existing applications systems. Researches, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging, and installing to support an organization's application systems. Consults with team to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives. Writes manuals for users to describe installation and operating procedures. Researches, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging, and installing to support an organization's application systems.
The candidate possesses problem solving, verbal and written communication skills. Detail-oriented individual, capable of consistently meeting project and schedule deadlines. The candidate should have experience with Information Technology support within a federal government environment and demonstrated experience in working with various team within the IT support structure.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Participates in all phases of software operating systems and software application programs engineering, including design, analysis, and modeling at a highly technical level.
• Performs software operating systems and application engineering, including full life cycle application systems design and development.
• Assesses system architecture and hardware limitations.
• Defines and selects new concepts and approaches for the design, development, and implementation of software engineering applications; defines complex design specifications and parameters; resolves complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
• Performs requirements acquisition/definition and data analysis. Directs research on emerging technologies to determine impacts on application execution.
• Performs systems modeling, database analysis, design, implementation, and testing. Writes, modifies, and maintains technical documentation and specifications such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials, and standard operating procedures (SOP). Performs integration testing and support of various computer operating and/or network systems.
• Troubleshoots and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
• Analyzes and documents client needs and requirements.
• Serves as liaison with clients, participates in meetings to ensure client needs are met and may make client presentations.
• May serve as task or team lead, exercising leadership in either a technical role training other software engineers and implementing and enforcing established standards and technologies, or in a project coordination role leading tasks and assuming responsibility for the design, development, test and delivery of a software system or application.
Education & Experience
• Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
• Five (5) years' experience in the design, writing, and testing of computer programs or database development.
• Experienced in principles, or practices, or procedures used in phases of life cycle applications and systems development, or engineering, or programming, or analysis.
• Relevant commercial certifications are desired.
• ITIL v3 Foundations – desired
• Agency Specific (Favorably adjudicated Background Investigation)
• US Citizen or permanent resident
Other (Travel, Work Environment, Administrative Notes, etc.)
• Limited travel to company office locations and other contract sites may be required
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf