To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Employment Counselor (East End WFS)
BakerRipley • Houston, TX
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Public Sector Solutions, a division of BakerRipley manages childcare subsidies in support of working parents throughout 60 counties in Texas, provides long-term recovery services for people affected by disasters, manages utility assistance for low-income individuals, and manages Workforce Solutions career offices across the region. Programs in this division are funded by public contracts and our reputation as an efficient and reliable steward of our tax dollars has seen this division grow over the years.
The EC works in an office environment and interacts with customers in person. The EC provides professional advice and guidance with helping customers who request career advice, job searching assistance or job placement. The EC is organized and prepared, communicates in a professional and courteous manner; and collaborates with team members and management. The EC is sensitive toward working with diverse cultures, and can articulate clearly with assertiveness. The EC uses active listening techniques, and effectively resolves customer concerns. The EC assists the customer by helping them navigate the various resources available to them, including financial aid. The EC provides assistance with job matching and opportunities for interviewing with posted jobs. The EC must be familiar with electronic, print, and other resources that may help the customer.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Listens to each customer request and provides professional advice to help each customer decide the best services for her
- Provides job search guidance and career advice
- Provides direct job matching of open system postings with the customer's skills and work requirements
- Offers qualified job candidates the opportunity to interview for posted jobs
- May check with the candidate or the employer to assess quality and success of the referral
- Searches files for qualified candidates for job postings
- Helps customers to access basic self-help services through effective use of the resource library
- Is thoroughly familiar with electronic, print and other resources to help customers in making helpful career and job search suggestions. Uses this knowledge to determine which resources will benefit individual customers
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- 6 months experience as a human resource recruiter, benefits coordinator or other human resource professional may be substituted for each 15 hours of college credit up to two years or
- Four years of experience working at Workforce Solution and a recommendation from current or most recent supervisor
- Knowledge of the workplace, jobs and requirements for entry into those jobs
- Able to listen to customers, analyze expressed needs and suggest solutions and action plan. Uses tact, diplomacy, and persistence in providing suggestions to customers
- Works well in teams and with resident customers and other staff (flexible, congenial and adaptable)
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Intermediate Microsoft Office
- English, written and oral