FIRE and EVIDENCE TECHNICIAN
EFI Global is a full-service engineering, fire investigation, environmental, health and safety, and specialty consulting services firm serving a variety of industries in both the public and private sectors. Over the last four decades, we have grown from a boutique firm specializing in handling insurance fraud and arson cases and providing expert witness testimony, to becoming a recognized global leader in engineering failure analysis, origin and cause investigations, environmental consulting, laboratory testing and specialty consulting. Our forensic investigation, engineering and environmental services teams around the world share a dedication to expertise, quality and demonstrating to customers that caring counts®. Each of our more than 700 professional engineers, fire investigators, architects and scientists was selected for his or her technical proficiency, in-depth industry knowledge and commitment to professional integrity. Together, our diverse backgrounds and collective insights empower clients to make better-informed business decisions. EFI's combination of global solutions and local expertise has earned the firm a reputation for delivering timely responses that consistently meet our clients' expectations -- anytime, anywhere. Click here to learn more about [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Fire and Evidence Technician
To assist Fire Investigators and Engineers with fire events to determine origin, cause and responsibility in accordance with assignments from clients or assigned legal counsel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists Fire Investigators and Engineers in conducting fire scene examinations in a safe and professional manner.
- Secures fire scenes when necessary to ensure that spoliation does not occur.
- Assists in the removal of debris and reconstructs fire scenes as necessary.
- Identifies and properly collects evidence for testing and/or storage.
- Documents and photographs fire scenes and associated evidence.
- Identifies and interviews witnesses.
- Communicates with and gathers public records from public fire and police agencies.
- Communicates with clients regularly to ensure clients are informed of investigative progress.
- Conducts research and testing as necessary.
- Prepares written reports, adequately reporting investigative findings, supported by evidence, witness testimony, research and testing
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s)
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree in Fire Science and/or Fire Arson Explosion Investigation or similarly related major from an accredited college or university preferred.
Certified Fire & Explosion Investigator (CFEI) certification, or must attain certification within six-months of employment. IAAI-FIT certification is preferred.
Entry level fire investigation position.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to kneel, squat or bend.
- Must be able to work outdoors in hot and/or cold weather conditions.
- Have the ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel, reaching/working overhead,
- Be able lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds.
- Be able to drive up to 4 hours per day.
Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer