Freeman is the global leader in events. Whether virtual, in-person, or hybrid, we are on a mission to redefine live for a new era. With a data-driven approach and the world's largest network of experts, our insights are shaping exhibitions, exhibits, and events that drive audiences to action. Our integrated full-service solutions leverage a 100-year legacy in event management as well as new technologies to deliver moments that matter.
The Creative Director role leads client engagements, conceptual development, innovation, execution, and presentation of creative assignments and accounts. At Freeman you will work in interdisciplinary teams to create comprehensive, branded experiences in physical and virtual environments. Candidates for this position must demonstrate the ability to see beyond explicit assignments and identify broader, long-term opportunities for our clients. Creative Directors are project team leads within Design at Freeman and are expected to provide guidance on best practices, deliver constructive feedback, and consistent mentorship to project team members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Executes complex projects with variable team sizes to create clear, compelling, and delightful results to all levels of stakeholders.
* Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of design from concept through execution.
* Exhibits well-developed leadership qualities and an ability to understand and collaborate across large, diverse project teams, client types and stakeholders from other disciplines such as Sales, Marketing, Operations and Fabrication.
* Plans and delegates assignments, generally involving larger and more high-profile projects or more than one project.
* Assists with the review and evaluation of team's performance.
* Acts as a liaison with other departments, divisions, and organizations. Evaluates and recommends major changes in processes and procedures.
* Works within specified deadlines; edit and revise work based on stakeholder feedback.
* Leads and mentors teams in the process of demonstrating conceptual creative thinking skills that are clear, compelling and delightful to all levels of stakeholders.
* Actively participates in studio crits, discovery sessions, and reviews.
* Provides expert guidance, feedback, and mentoring to project team members from concept to completion.
* Leads project teams, delegates workloads, and manages schedules and deadlines.
* Oversees and manages the quality and accuracy of the design documentation, visual communication, and storytelling methodology and deliverables.
* Recommends creative budgets, respective expenditures, and project scope of work.
* Reaches consensus on project deliverables with Sales and department managers and other team members. Ensures that the creative team delivers on the agreed upon scope.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
* Undergraduate or graduate degree a design field such interior design, architecture, industrial design, graphic design and/or experiential design.
* Equivalent experience demonstrated by a strong portfolio showing proven industry leadership.
* 10+ years of experience in a creative agency, corporate marketing environment, or architectural design firm in applicable areas of space design such as retail, hospitality, exhibit, and urban design with a strong portfolio of projects that demonstrates the design skills needed to produce high quality, innovative, user-centered experiences.
* 3+ years of experience leading a design team and exhibits strong, confident leadership and the desire to mentor project team members.
* Experience offering guidance, encouragement, and individual development and project feedback.
Travel up to 25%
At Freeman, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status and other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Architectural Design
- Confident And Emotionally Stable
- Experiential Learning