LRP is currently seeking a Copy Editor for Education products, which include books and pamphlets, eLearning courses, webinars, conferences, and web resources that provide in-depth practical and legal information, tools and resources to K-12 education administrators and school attorneys. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and deadline-driven with demonstrated experience editing copy in AP style. Responsibilities
- Copy edit content for books and pamphlets, webinars, conferences and eLearning courses
- Copy edit and submit to Production content for monthly newsletters using Adobe InDesign publishing software
- Participate in monthly copy editors’ meeting, where style guidelines are reviewed, updated, and revised
- Copy edit and post stories to education websites
- Develop and send summary of stories posted to the site for e-newsletters
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1 to 3 years of direct copy editing experience
- Knowledge of Editorial and Production processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of AP Style
- Experience working under daily deadlines
- Proven ability to edit content for clarity, grammar and overall presentation
- Proven ability to write clearly and concisely and to help editors rework confusing or unclear text
- Familiarity with publishing software, specifically Adobe InDesign
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines
- Demonstrated web research skills
As an EO/AA employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran, or disability status.
Attention To Detail
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 1281
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
LRP Media Group, founded in 1977 by Kenneth Kahn, is an innovative media giant serving millions of business and education professionals worldwide. Specializing in education administration, education law, education technology, federal employment, human resources, workers' compensation and disability, LRP publishes thousands of books, pamphlets, newsletters, videos and online resources. The company also produces five industry-leading print and digital magazines for key decision-makers: District Administration, Human Resource Executive®, HRM Asia, Risk & Insurance® and University Business. Additionally, LRP annually delivers top-quality training and professional development to more than 80,000 professionals through its 13 award-winning conferences and tradeshows in China, Singapore and the United States. LRP currently employs more than 500 professionals in its Connecticut, Florida, Pennsylvania, Singapore and Washington, D.C., offices. Headquartered in Palm Beach County since 1996, the company has more than $70 million in annual revenue.
View the full profile