Envoy Solutions is a diversified distribution company for janitorial supply, packaging solutions, foodservice disposables and specialty products. Based in Glenview, Ill., Envoy Solutions is the parent company of North American Corporation, WAXIE Sanitary Supply, Southeastern Paper Group and NVISION. Operating as the nation's premier specialty distribution platform, Envoy Solutions works to make buildings cleaner, people safer and operations more productive, every day.
We are currently seeking a Sales Manager to lead, motivate, & develop a high-performing sales team. Key objectives will include achieving New Business targets, exceeding Revenue & Gross Profit plans, and ensuring the retention and growth of our existing clients. This will be a field-based position requiring the Sales Manager to spend up to 80% of their time in the field with their team attending customer meetings to provide sales coaching, helping close new business, and building critical customer relationships.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide day to day management for development of all aspects of the sales process. (i.e. prospecting, initial meetings, presentation skills, overcoming objections, closing skills, etc.).
- Drive growth within our core market segments by attending industry networking events to establish critical customer and market specific relationships
- Spending 3+ days per week in the field with Account Executives in the greater Chicagoland area coaching selling skills & driving business growth.
- Work with internal partners (customer service, category management, DC operations) to assist in the performance of our sales reps and to ensure the proper customer experience.
- Recruiting, developing and retaining a highly skilled staff and addressing long-term talent management and succession planning
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS/BA Degree required.
- At least 3-5 years of outside sales experience with a demonstrated track record of consistently achieving new business objectives.
- 2-3 years of experience in sales leadership or sales training
- Successful track record of recruiting and retaining top talent.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficiency with technology (i.e. Microsoft Office Applications, Web-based technologies, CRM, etc.).
- Well-developed organization and time management skills.
This position offers a competitive starting salary and comprehensive benefits program.
Envoy Solutions (and its subsidiaries) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we consider all applicants for employment and employees eligible for employment without regard to race, marital status or civil union status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation and/or any other characteristic protected by law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to our applicants and employees with disabilities in order to assist them in the performance of their essential job functions.
See Job Description
- Selling Techniques
- Sales Training
- Sales Process
- Category Management